Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What on earth are the Pentlands like the now?
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

I got to the tunnel at the Dell and just couldn’t be arsed.

Has anyone been up since Midlothian went Jumanji?

druidh
    Free Member

There was a comment on the Pentlands Facebook group yesterday. Looks like lots of damage.

went up the hills today and the place is a total mess! From the end of the Torduff Road all the way along past the Clubbiedean is like riding through a river, some of the solid concrete on the way up has been dismantled by the rain. The trails between the top of Bavelaw Rd and Loganlee Res are knee deep in water at some points, the little wodden brige next to the farmers house has been dislodged from its groundings!

Take care if riding!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Goodness me. Thanks for posting that DruidH, I’ll give it some respite for a bit. Get up there at the end of the week for a reccy.

Dare to think what the tracks in the woods are like….

ojom
    Free Member

Reckon it will be horrid.

Will probably see on Wed.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Welcome back from sunny holipops!

Summer = midden.

ojom
    Free Member

I notice it was a little wet. Had a day back in Edinburgh on Thursday cleaning out my gutters… FUN.

Up in aberdeen all weekend and it was not too bad although it seems people reckon doing about 70 on the South Deeside Road with water pooling across both lanes and flashing me to go faster than 40 is the done thing. Smug face as i saw the guy in an A1 overtake me and then aquaplane into the other side of the road with his brake lights on then slowing down to my speed again.

Anyway… be in touch and sort a trip out there if only to take pics.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Smashin. I’ll be in the premises from which you take your avatar tomorrow to discuss more expenditure on my part.

As an Interesting aside, I know own the Ryan Leech Norco.
    Well, the missus does.

ojom
    Free Member

Ah! it seems everyone has a new bike since i went away.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Aye, except now hers is better than mine and Its just not fair.

Remember that BfE swap I’ve bin bangin on about…. Has to be time soon.

853 Reynolds indeed. She is a happy banana. Call her Norco next time you see her, I do.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Anyone up for a reccy?

Weather map is mingin.

rickmeister

Is there are ride – out Wednesday in the offing.. ?

Oh, if you called Ms Rickmeister “Nork-o” it wouldn’t be pretty… though you may not be killed to death as Germans have a humour bypass filter in their dna and you might live….

Northwind

<looks out window>

Recce complete. Looks ****ed.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

🙂 She keeps bangin on about Ryan F’n Leech and “Danny Maclowsky” (ergo Macaskill).

Nothing recent up about a Wednesday ride…

I’m hesitant to organise a ride because
    a) I don’t wan’t to welcome the wrath of the guardians by encouraging a group stampede.
    b) Weather is RANK. It’s only ’cause i’m really close and I know TBC is too. Enough that it’s no effort to get up to Bonaly resevoir and pootle from there, or give up…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Cheers Northwind.

Through osmosis, I agree. Itchy legs I suppose. I don’t really know where I’m going up there when the suns out, let alone in the midden.

Emm…. Alternatives?

rickmeister

I have a van and can take another 4 and bikes…. or an urban ride… steps, ginnels etc etc ? I’m curious to see that wild west place in the city before it goes … yeee-ha!

and there is a pub in Edinburgh..

Northwind

Alright obviously I can barely organise my way to work. But- weather forcast for tuesday and wednesday, it sucks. But forecast for thursday, it doesn’t suck! So maybe a wednesday night ride on thursday night?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Well, Rick, your idea is excellent…it would be a shame to put that trials bike to waste. I also just acquired a brakeless bmx… Wild west and beer? Stil gonna be raining puddles…

Northwind, also an excellent idea.

I’ll bump this in the morning for e rest-of-the-lot.

Thursday does look clearer.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Morning all.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Shall we either

A) Urban.

B)Thursday.

C) Glentress anydayit’snotrainingvever?

Northwind

We’re having a week of murder at work so I do fancy a GT or Innerleithen ride on Thursday… Can offer a lift down for one from the west side of the city.

No idea about an urban ride, will give it a crack though if one happens. Zero trials skills but a lifetime of riding down the steps outside the shop might pay off 😉

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Yeah, haven’t been to hospital in a while and since I never had a yout’ bashing about town on bikes quite fancy the opportunity to combine two different kinds of stupid.

In any case tomorrow is a write off since Mrs. C brought Vodka Tonic & “a big chat about the future” into tonight’s banter.

I’ll start an ” Inners/Glentress” thread. Now.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What on earth are the Pentlands like the now?’ is closed to new replies.