Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What, nothing on Chilcot yet?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

OK I’ll start.

Yo, Blair! It is a new day, is it not?

clodhopper
    Free Member

Well it didn’t really tell us anything we didn’t already know, did it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Try search or page 2

bails

Has anyone read it all yet?!

P-Jay
    Free Member

bails – Member

Has anyone read it all yet?!

I doubt it, it’s 2.6m words long, it would take about 180 hours to read it all at the average reading speed or 7.5 days, none-stop.

If they put a resercher on it, reading 8 hours a day, 5 days a week – it would take a month to just get through it all, but that’s without making notes, fact checking etc.

There’s an 150 page summary, but I would hope someone credible will pay a team to go through it word-by-word.

theotherjonv

There’s an 150 page summary, but I would hope someone credible will pay a team to go through it word-by-word.

I was interested that the BBC website, in the same vein as looking for eyewitness reports from the public, was asking if anyone’s read the report and spotted something they haven’t mentioned yet could they bring it to their attention.

Are you looking through the Chilcot Report? Have you spotted something which hasn’t yet been covered by BBC News? Email haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk with your comments and page reference numbers.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Wonder if any of the 2.6 million words bring this into question:

The Queen also vetoed entirely a private member’s Bill, the Military Actions Against Iraq (Parliamentary Approval) Bill 1999, that would have transfered the power to authorise military strikes against Iraq from the monarch to Parliament

It is widely assumed that the royal prerogative, the authority to declare war, rests now with the prime minister rather than the Queen herself.

However, these documents raise questions about how much power the monarch still has over the elected government of the day.

Lib Dem MP Julian Huppert said the fact there had been a “fight to to keep this quiet” showed the significance of the Whitehall document.

“It’s quite concerning there is wider influence, and secretive influence, of the monarchy in these things than had previously been revealed,”

Worth remembering the Queen is commander in chief of the Armed Forces (in Australia, Canada+NZ too, among others) and is privy to Joint Intelligence Comittee meetings and reports.

Not forgetting the weekly meetings between the Queen and the Prime Minister of Her Majesty’s Government:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MlT8fHOy8Y[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have nearly finished the Exec Summary (150 pages) have also downloaded various other sections, probably another 200 pages. (All pdf download and sync to iPad)

There is the other thread …

clodhopper
    Free Member

“I have nearly finished the Exec Summary (150 pages)”

Seriously; don’t you have a life?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What, nothing on Chilcot yet?’ is closed to new replies.