Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What notubes rim strips for DT Swiss EX 5.1D Rims?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Going tubeless and had some notubes on my old rims XC717. Not sure which rim strips to get for my new rims – DT Swiss EX 5.1D

The website says:

Standard Rim Strip – Most 21.5 – 24.5mm wide rims
    Freeride Rim Strip – Most 27 – 34mm wide rims

I would guess Freeride but the table beneath on the website under 5.1 says the std strips – Confused ? Help!!

boxelder

Go for the DT (used to be eclipse ones) – here – much better IMHO – I’m using both

thefallguy
    Free Member

I’m using the standard size stans rim strips in my 5.1’s, after a year no issues and inflated miles easier than 4.2’s too

gizzardman
    Free Member

Use the std size rim strip but you should also add 1 layer of 17mm Velox rim tape as it states on the Stans website.

http://www.notubes.com/support_selecting.php

Vortexracing

2nd the dtswiss strips. pig to fit but sorted once on.

Dango
    Free Member

I bought Rhyno Lite for mine, advice given from Freeborn, works a treat

iDrew
    Free Member

I’m running the standard no-tubes strips, with 2 layers of 17mm velox tape under (wouldn’t hold air with 1)

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oops – well I ordered the Freeride ones and was going to change the order if I got a different reply for the STW possie but left it too late – logged in this morning and the order is already processed – hmm – well its an extra 3mm each side but the rim is about 28mm width so the 32mm Freeride strip may fit OK – if not I think it might be going in the classifieds section 😉 Thanks for the tips anyway guys – I’ll learn to bide my time next time 😉 I guess the freeride will streach a bit more the the Rhyno strip so will narrow a little on a 26″ so as long as it sits inside the rim I should be ok? 😮

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hi All – well sent the Freeride ones back yesterday and got the Std strips return of post today. Thanks for the tips guys – Notubes emailed me back saying the freeride strips too wide for ther narrow inner diam of the DT EX5.1D (23mm ~). also: http://messageboard.notubes.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1962&hilit=28mm

Cheers

foxyrider
    Free Member

Right – for anyone thinking of tubless I didn’t have any serious problems with my mountain king 2.2 proctection tyres this weekend although use plenty of soap suds on both wheels and try and inflate both – my front kept deflaiting and couldn’t think why…. Then I realised I hadn’t tried to inflate the tyre with only soap suds – I started again and hey presto – hopefully Stan’s and I will be great friends – rode out Sunday without any problems.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What notubes rim strips for DT Swiss EX 5.1D Rims?’ is closed to new replies.