Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • What no cost Full sus all day bike?
  • charlierevell
    Free Member

Right, could be open to buying a full sus for some weekend riding. Am loving hardtails but fancy something a bit quicker on the downs.
    However, it also needs to go up!

So… cost isnt really an issue, all round ability is.

So far i like the Lappiere Spicey 916, Trek Remedy 9, Orange Alpine/Blood(not so good up!).
    What else could be good? Must be race worthy too so not tooo heavy but at least 150mm travel. Fancy passport de Soleil next year and maybe some longer enduro type races.

jam-bo

get a five, they’re ace.

you about on thursday evening? meeting sharki up on the quantocks for a quick blast.

Amos
    Free Member

Yeti 575 if you wanna go up easily and down fast! Best bike I’ve ever ridden and can be built up to about 25lbs

richc
    Free Member

I don’t think any *good* 6″+ travel bike is going to be a great climber, due to the type of bike that needs that much travel.

If you want an all rounder which can still climb well there are a lot of 5″ travel bikes that fit the bill much better than 99% of the 6″ version.

z1ppy

Must be race worthy too so not tooo heavy but at least 150mm travel.

Again I believe this is a contridiction (race bike & 150mm travel).
    100mm (or less) travel would make a good race bike IMO, C’dale Rush is my favorite at the moment.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Fancy passport de Soleil next year and maybe some longer enduro type races.

I’m guessing he’s on about different sort of races to you…

2nd the Five.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Prophet if you fancy going down a bit more than going up. I can sell a medium frame to you with some bits so you could try it out before saying no.

si-wilson
    Free Member

The Chumba VF2 fits what you describe, can be built light (26-27lb or a built heavier duty with coil front and rear if you feel the need.

VF2 built with coil front and rear for a guy in the US who races super D, what ever that might be!

Normal VF2 built up as an all day bike.

coogan
    Free Member

5 Spot

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Turner 5-spot

pedalhead
    Free Member

As you said cost isn’t an issue…Fivespot or Blur LT carbon.

BigJohn

Try a Maverick

Sanny
    Free Member

If cost is no object then a Turner 5 Spot would get my vote. My Horst Link one broke after 5 years of hard riding but I would still recommend them. Planning on getting a new one if I can’t source a replacement front triangle. I was gutted it broke but it’s by far the best bike I’ve ever owned – was built light for XC then a bit heavier for Alpine riding.

How about an Alpine 160 with two sets of wheels and two lengths of stem. Lighter wheels for XC duties in the UK then a burlier set for trips abroad. I wouldn’t assume that it will climb poorly simply because it’s marketed as an Alpine bike.

Cheers

Sanny

mrmojo
    Free Member

Ibis mojo

Stoner
    Free Member

how about a Bionicon?

75mm to 150mm adjustible…
    maybe a golden willow:

Chipps reviewed it in tha mag I think

simonjf63
    Free Member

575 – love mine

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Foes FXR with Curnutt shock. I run one with Pikes and it climbs/decends really well. It is a big shock so recommend the Ti spring as well to save some weight.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Stoner beat me to it.
    Dare to be different

A truly versatile bike. I’ve had mine around a year now and I am very impressed with it. I had a couple of quality issues (paint) which were eventually resolved (perhaps not as quickly or to the standard I’d have liked) but I’ve really enjoyed this bike and despite attending various demo days I’ve yet to ride anything else as yet that I’d replace it with.

richc
    Free Member

Ibis would definitely be worth a look.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

if cost really is no object, have a look at a Scott Genius LTD. 150mm travel, light, looks great and costs £8k 😯
    Obviously I have never ridden one or even seen it in the flesh. That said the Genius has had a good review in ST, albeit not the feather weight one.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Just built this and love it…..

Ti29er
    Free Member

The Turner gets my vote too.
    T

ajr
    Free Member

Ventana El Ciclon.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

cube fritzz?

Intense 5.5 (or whatever the new version is called)

Nomad

Lapierre, spicy / zesty

Titus x racer

Ransom Ltd Carbon

All very very nice, I have the 5.5 and it just feels right, my mate just got a nomad and cannot stop smiling… I also have friends on Lapierre and titus so all very happy again. I think the remedy will be too heavy / slack to race or use for enduro. personally I would say the 5.5, nomad and lapierre’s are great for most things but if you want to go lighter and race then a titus

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I love my Santa Cruz Heckler…

Full XTR, FOX 36s’ Hope Pro 2s…

Pretty much Bomb ( well, my lardy arse..)proof.. but great as a Leo-Sayer.. 😉

Kramer
    Free Member

stilltortoise – I’ve got a Genius 20, have seen a Ltd. Frame is the same, just the build kit on the Ltd is ultra bling, and it has ultra expensive carbon rims, forks, and hubs.

It’s very good up hills and down. Best climber out of all the bikes I tested at bike radar, as well as the longest travel.

badblood
    Free Member

another vote for the Yeti 575 here rags down and climbs without killing you

stilltortoise
    Free Member

kramer, don’t tell me that! My LBS stock Scott and there is no way my wife has got over the last expensive bike purchase yet 🙂

Kramer
    Free Member

Apparently Yeti have a 7″ travel XC bike coming out next year…

saladdodger
    Free Member

What about a Whyte

I hear the E120 is a “cracker” 😆

Gingerbloke – Member

Just built this and love it…..

Snap – finished mine yesterday

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Def take a look at new Scott Genius, 150/95 or no travel, 25 ish lbs, sound like a winner to me.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Ok, some good options there!
    5 Inches would be ok, and when i say race i mean something a bit more comfortable for some long enduro stuff! Doesnt need to be mega lightweight I just meant I dont want a suuupppppper heavy DH rig!

Would be nice if it was ‘generally available’ as it means i can get it a trade if i can get it in the local bike shop.

PLUGGER
    Free Member

Money no object? Marin attack Trail Hammerschmidt.

Superb suspension (146mm rear/up to 160mm front), loads of mud clearance, X0 SRAM gears, Elixer brakes, Mavic Crossmax SX wheels and the Hammerschmidt is just awesome, faultless shifting, piece of piss to maintain…(change the standard 22t ring for a 24t ring to get a better gear range though….a 5min job)

It’s THE perfect bike for enduro dh events/all day xc rides/freeride stuff. Weighs in at 32.5lbs.

If you’re in the Bristol area and want to take a look at one/have a go on one, you can try mine, it’s a medium (18″).

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Remedy 9. It won the Downieville!(XC&DH)

PLUGGER – Member
    Money no object? Marin attack Trail Hammerschmidt.

Superb suspension (146mm rear/up to 160mm front), loads of mud clearance, X0 SRAM gears, Elixer brakes, Mavic Crossmax SX wheels and the Hammerschmidt is just awesome, faultless shifting, piece of piss to maintain…(change the standard 22t ring for a 24t ring to get a better gear range though….a 5min job)

It’s THE perfect bike for enduro dh events/all day xc rides/freeride stuff. Weighs in at 32.5lbs.

If you’re in the Bristol area and want to take a look at one/have a go on one, you can try mine, it’s a medium (18″).

Eek – my large SL weighs 27lbs w/o pedals – bathroom scales mind you. I’m borrowing some fishing scales to check properly.

stufield
    Free Member

Cost no option – lovely build kit then 3 frames to play with

Yeti 575
    Ibis Mojo
    Foes

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

£3600 for a Marin attack trail …. Sorry I just could not do it! I cannot see on the spec what warrants that price tag and it aint that light, for that money you could get a custom built and made bike

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Turner Flux (like mine) or a 5 spot.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Wot, no Trance X?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘What no cost Full sus all day bike?’ is closed to new replies.