Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What nice roads to ride around Poole/Weymouth
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Will be staying down in West Lullworth. Anyone recommend some nice road routes. Looking for a couple of shortish 25-30 mile training loops, and a longer 50-60 mile loop. Thanks 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Look up my old mate Ben Morgan on strava he should have some saved

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks, just been trawling Strava for routes, I’ll check him out.

muddy@rseguy

Try the Dorset ride in this:

You can cut the ride down a bit if that’s too much mileage.

dan77
    Free Member

There’s cycle paths all the way from dorchester to Portland now, once you get to Portland follow signs to Portland bill and stop for an ice cream!

faustus

You’re spoilt for choice. Purbecks on the doorstep, head east-ish from Lulworth and take in Whiteway hill (cat 4, bit of a bugger – closed on firing days), and wiggle around the Purbecks, taking in Kingston hill, Swanage, Corfe Castle, Arne, Wareham and back to Lulworth.

You can also head North and north west-ish to take in hills around Dorchester, lots of quieter lanes to explore, and lots of nice countryside.

Freester

Absolutely loads of options – hilly and not so hilly. Main roads are easily avoidable.

Beware big hill out of Lulworth in either direction.

Beware the Whiteway climb may be shut (check the range opening times).

As others said you can head to Purbeck. Dorchester. Bere Regis. Wool. Bovington. Find the lanes on the map. Avoid the A roads and you’ll be fine.

Drop me a line if you want some advice I’m local.

Dyffers
    Free Member

OP ping me an email (ad in profile) and I’ll send you some gpx files – I work about 5 miles inland from Lulworth Cove so ride round there all the time.

Freester

Flattish 60 miler passing West Lulworth.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3924521

Freester

CTC 100km Audax route goes through Lulworth. Stunning views quite hilly in places

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2318120

mrblobby
    Free Member

Splendid. Thanks all. Shall do some pinging later 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What nice roads to ride around Poole/Weymouth’ is closed to new replies.