Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • What next to while away the winter nights?
  • Northwind

Oz. Needs a wee bit too much suspension of disbelief in later series but when it’s good its bloomin brilliant. Just in case Breaking Bad was too cheerful for you

andyeez
    Free Member

Underbelly on NF

tenfoot

Scandal is worth a look. Starts slow but I was hooked after 3 episodes. Agree that Orange is the New Black is worth watching, along with House of Cards and Boss (kelsey grammar).

You could also try West Wing if you haven’t seen that.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

Justified

Deadwood

ahwiles
    Free Member

learn to build wheels.

spacemonkey

Peaky Blinders
    True Detective

MSP

True detective is overrated IMO, the atmosphere it sets is good, and it builds up some decent tension to start, but the plot falls apart after a while and ultimately it fails to deliver.

jimjam
    Free Member

toby1

Walking Dead season 2 dragged, but it does improve, trust me.

It was dire. Absolutely dire. They sacked Frank Darabont and the show took a nose dive off a cliff. And what’s unforgivable is that they dragged it out purely because they knew they had a cash cow, most of it wasn’t in the comic. Absolute pap.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDbi7P93Np8&list=UUSc16oMxxlcJSb9SXkjwMjA[/video]

This sums it up perfectly, and made me laugh my ass off. Skip to 17mins in for season 2. I picked iyt up again in Season 3, but then it stalled really bad again, I can’t remember when, season 4 maybe?

tomd
    Free Member

Just started wheel building, home brewing and some cack-handed woodworking to pass the winter nights. I used to do quite a bit of night riding but now have quite a long bike commute so can’t really be bothered with that. For me anything is better than watching TV.

tthew

I watched the first episode of Gomorrah, which is an Italian, subtitled thing about criminal gangs in Naples. That looked like it had potential.

edhornby

I can’t stand any of these big american series, they are built backwards with the Ad Revenue model built then slots filled, then they make the series and tell the writers and directors to make it long enough – hence why there are always spurious plotlines, tracking shots, inane conversations about relationships because it’s not ‘gritty realism’ just a method of killing time

I quite enjoy Montalbano but because it’s on at 9pm on a Saturday night I either miss it or fall asleep, might see if I can get Gomorrah on the planner..

chakaping
    Free Member

I watched the first episode of Gomorrah, which is an Italian, subtitled thing about criminal gangs in Naples. That looked like it had potential.

Follow-up to the awesome Romanzo Criminale.

Which is like an Italian mash-up of The Sweeney, Goodfellas and Emmanuelle.

dudeofdoom

Yeah Justified good always forget that one it doesn’t seem to get the same attention as breakingbad/WalkingDead….

chakaping
    Free Member

+1 for Deadwood too

My favourite modern TV show (ie. not including Twin Peaks).

Al Swearengen for President!

scandal42
    Free Member

+1 Lilyhammer

Can’t wait for series 3

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘What next to while away the winter nights?’ is closed to new replies.