• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by toby1.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • what news channel do you watch?
  • racefaceec90

was wondering what you might recommend?

Nipper99
    Free Member

BBC for rolling news (radio and tv) and C4 news for the tv news program.

jimjam
    Free Member

I think BBC News24 has gone to shit recently so generally go Al Jezeera. I’ll watch Ch4 or RTE news in the evening if I haven’t caught any during the day. IMO it’ll be a dead medium soon.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

BBC for rolling news (radio and tv) and C4 news for the tv news program.

+1

At least you know the BBC is slightly left and the coverage is good. C4 is a bit confrontational, but that’s better than sycophantic.

ITV is like trying to watch the daily mail sometimes.

For a laugh at how bad things could be without the BBC, RT and FOX.

bearnecessities

None, they’ve all got an ‘angle’. Same with anyone’s opinion/view on anything I suppose, but media outlets are especially convoluted, worryingly deep rooted in financial interests and their intended messages are, on occasion, brilliantly subtle.

I’m not some ‘hide away from everything recluse’ but the idea of relying on one media option for info isn’t a good one.

Just flick though whatever you feel like watching/viewing and keep an open mind.

Cheers, JiveHoneyJive.

Edukator
    Free Member

Europe 1 radio in the morning then at some time in the day TF1, ntv, Euronews (usually with German sound). If I miss TF1 news I watch BFM for a cycle. CNBC once a week. I feel a need for my dose so that makes me a news addict. I get my English news here, if it’s not on the first page of STW chat it’s not news.

jimjam
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon

For a laugh at how bad things could be without the BBC, RT and FOX.

I miss Fox news. I used to watch it for fun, but it melted my brain at the same time. Like some kind of bitingly satirical post modern skit….but there are people who actually believe that shit.

ourmaninthenorth

The Today Programme when driving or walking to work.

lodious
    Free Member

R4 morning and night, Al Jazeera / BBC / C4, depending what’s on.

dogmatix

Newsnight on i player. The Guardian not a TV channel but very well worth reading online. Al Jazeera? Really? Isn’t it as bad as RT? I must admit I haven’t watched it so maybe I should. Is it not massively anti-western? Wasn’t it in support of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt?

P-Jay
    Free Member

I tend just read BBC news in thier App. Some people think the BBC is all terribly right-on and left wing biased, but I find them very fair and down the middle – they’re also first the report on thier own mistakes.

I don’t want the TV news, not because of some high and might anti TV stance, but there’s usually something better on at 10.

senorj

If i watch the news ,it’s BBC. Mostly listen and read,again BBC .

slowoldman

“I can get all the news I need from the weather report”.

gordimhor

Get all my news online C4,De Welle Al Jazeera Various newspapers online. Always look for more than one source of any major story.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Virtually all online, mainly BBC and more rarely the Guardian. Some places like tech news/culture sites can be sort of incidental sources (e.g. deployment of US troops to countries that aren’t in the news so much here).
    For TV news C4. BBC main TV news is in a really sorry state, seems to be in a race to the bottom with ITV.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I miss Fox news. I used to watch it for fun, but it melted my brain at the same time. Like some kind of bitingly satirical post modern skit….but there are people who actually believe that shit.

Barrack [u]HUSAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN[/i][/u] Obama

SaxonRider

euronews. I love the fact that it essentially comes with no commentary whatsoever. It simply tells you what is going on.

toby1

Realistically STW, news is depressing but this place helps make it more entertaining.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘what news channel do you watch?’ is closed to new replies.