• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by rj.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What New Road bike after getting knocked off choice of 3
  • Iisme
    Free Member

Having been knocked off the bike several months ago I have at least been paid out. As it was my winter bike I’m looking for a new one to replace it so I need a mudguard friendly frame especially for riding on the club run.
    The 3 bikes I have in mind are as follows.

1 genesis equilibrium disc (20 or Ltd)£1400-£1800

2 merida carbon disc 5000 £1900

3 whyte cornwall £1700

Only requirement is I wish to have disc brakes.
    The Genesis is a steel frame and carries a little weight but it does look good and is the only one of the 3 that I have seen. The other 2 are carbon framed and weigh about 8.5kg about 1.5kg less than the Genesis.

Has anyone got a preference or experience of any of the selected bikes or throw another bike into the pot.

The whyte and the merida I think would be better suited to the occasional Cx fun if shod with some knobbly Cx tyres.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

mason definition

TheSanityAssassin

Kinesis Crosslight? Listed at £1349.98 with 11sp 105 on the Kinesis website.
    There’s roughly an equal amount of Racelights and Equilibriums on our winter Club Runs.

Iisme
    Free Member

Thanks for the other options for a new bike.
    I like that mason definition just for its bespokeness (made up word I think)
    My last bike was a kinesis racelight and it was a good bike but I can’t bring myself to buy another after nearly getting killed on it. Call me superstitious I know. I’d never buy the same car twice no matter how good it was and it’s the same for my bike.
    A change means a change.
    However that Crosslight 5t is interesting I didn’t know they did disc frames.

crush83
    Free Member

i have been looking at the Giant Defy Advanced 2. its disk and can take guards. £1400

rOcKeTdOg
    Iisme
    Free Member

I’m not sure that the defy disc can take mudguards as no brake bridge to attach to but if you can then that’s an option. I’ll have to speak to my local giant dealer.

rj
    Free Member

Bowman Pilgrims looks nice. Aluminium Synapse disc will be within budget, and the CAAD10 disc is on sale for £1350 at a few places just now. There’s also the Fuji Sportif 1.1 LE, wee bit heavy but a decent spec. for the money as it’s on sale for £1040 at the moment.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What New Road bike after getting knocked off choice of 3’ is closed to new replies.