Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What new headtorch…?
  • pedlad

I currentl ride with a 2 yr old lumen Liberator on the bars and a 5 yr old fenix L2d torch on the lid.

The latter is pretty underpowered compared to the LL and just casting around to see if there’s a good but cheap upgrade.

I’ve read about the DX XML torches but really don’t want another type of battery and charger for the kids to loose. My preference is AA power (I have lots of rechargeables and a good charger) or a fully integrated rechargeable unit.

I haven’t read anything about Trout doing an integrated light so wondered if people rate this XML light or have an alternative suggestion?

pedlad

forgive me, just one bump to see if anyone can recommend an xml torch

Marko

Can’t help on the XML light, but I have one or more of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300L-5W-Zoomable-CREE-LED-Headlamp-Headlight-Torch-B-/350488342076?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item519abbae3c

Gob smacking bright. Uses AAA though, but at that price you can’t go wrong.
    Hth
    Marko

z1ppy

Your a bit stuffed on the DX stuff if you want a fully integrated unit, as most DX bike light either have an external battery pack or there torches use 18650 batteries (they may have a AA one hidden on the site, but you can find that yourself). That one on wiggle is the newer XML LED but is bloody expensive for just the ability to charge it from USB (and how long will that take?). For fully integrated unit you want to compare that to an Exposure light

Couple of threads

Couple more Specific, here and a bit more here

tops5
    Free Member

Marko – just ordered one of those, do they fit onto a helmet easily?

Marko

do they fit onto a helmet easily?

Er… No. But at that price you can afford to do a bit of butchery. I use it under my helmet.

Marko

tops5
    Free Member

Under ??? 😯

verses

Marko, what sort of battery life do you get from 3 AAAs?

Marko

Tops: As in helmet over the top. Not perfect as the peak gets in the way. It would be easy to fangle it on top with zip ties.

verses: Not sure. A couple of hours easy? I carry spares, but I’ve not needed to use then yet.

I’m sure there are better solutions, but not cheaper solutions out there.
    Hth
    Marko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What new headtorch…?’ is closed to new replies.