Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What new full buncer after an S-Works Enduro 2006
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

The S-works Enduro (2006 model) has been an absolute blast, a heavy one admittedly.

Alp'd up to the 9's this year will probably be the Enduro's last with me to the Alps as its getting on a bit.

With its coil Fox 36 Van's, Push'd DHX 5 coil rear shock, Magura Louise Free Ride brakes with pimpy hoses, Mavic 729 rims, and generally burly kit over the rest of it.

What could possibly replace it?

Another Enduro, Trek fuel, Orange Alpine… etc

Any recommendations would be most useful.

StuE
    Free Member

Giant Reign

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Santa cruz nomad.[And yeah,i've got one :D]

freeridenick
    Free Member

remedy or scratch ?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I went for a Pitch when I got rid of my Enduro it was a lot lighter and the shock compatibility swayed it for me. Are you going to keep all your kit and just swap frames or are you wanting a whole new bike?

My shortlist for replacing just the frame would be:
    Alpine
    Blood
    Bullit
    Butcher
    Nomad

Or to replace with a whole new bike:
    Butcher
    Alpine
    Remidy
    Enduro
    Reign
    Spicy

HTH

njee20
    Free Member

Another Enduro or a Fuel suggests you're thinking of going lighter?

Most of those suggestions are heavier and burlier!

I'd try a new Enduro if you get on with your current one.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Chumba XCL, very versatile with different rockers available to suit type of riding, bomb proof without being heavy and really well made!

Just about to recieve my new full build kits for the XCL, Fox Float Qr 15 RLC, Mavic Crossride 15 QR's, Elixir 5 brakes, sram/truvative drivetrain and finishing kit all for £2199

tinsy
    Free Member

I would be interested to know how a 2010 enduro rode in comparison to the 06 if you go down that route.

I would love to test a Blood, on paper (or in my head) it makes loads of sense.

Edit as he has posted.
    Also, you would just have to try out Si's Chumba's, they doo look great.

Rickos
    Free Member

New Enduro or the Orange Alpine seem to be the winners in the mags at the moment for that type of thing.

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirttvbike-test-2010-specialized-enduro-pro.html

geetee1972
    Free Member

I replaced my Enduro (same type as yours but a year older) with one of these:

They aren't cheap but they are wonderful to own and have the back up of a five year warranty. I can't imagine they are necessarily any better than the other suggestions here, but they are a lot more special.
    I think if I hadn’t been in a position to buy a Nic, I would have looked very seriously at the Chumba. As it happened, I broke my Enduro in the main triangle and Spesh replaced it with a 2010 Enduro frame. I was able to sell that as new hence the exuberance of the Nic.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What new full buncer after an S-Works Enduro 2006’ is closed to new replies.