Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What new chain to go for?
  • spudnick
    Free Member

I need to change my chain withing the next week or 2 and just wondering what to go for. Currently using a standard shimano chain that comes with the slx dynasys triple set. Im running it as a double with bash. Been looking at the kmc chains but unsure which to go for. The shimano one has only lasted me a years worth of riding trail centres and over the wyre forest so i’d like the new one to last abit longer

Thanks

Nick

collostomy
    Free Member

I like KMC chains and use them on all my bikes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Get on fine with PC991’s

However don’t blame the new chain if everything starts skipping that will be the rest worn out. A worn chain will take down you cassette and rings so cost you more than replacing the chain more frequently. Depending on the miles and conditions I was changing every 3 months when I was riding more in the crap. Now generally at least every 6 on my main bike.

spudnick
    Free Member

ive checked the crank rings and cassette and there still fine. just wanted to change the chain before it starts to ware the rest of it out.

thanks

nick

goldenwonder
    Free Member

KMC, just about as slick as Shimano, but more reliable IMO, better shifting than Sram as well.
    Wipperman are very good, but not the cheapest for a nice one.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

KMC. Brilliant value. Why pay any more?

Northwind

Aye, KMC. You can buy blingy, if you want, but the cheapo x9-93 lasts better than most flash chains, and is cheap enough that you’re not so tempted to try and make it last forever.

HermanShake
    Free Member

KMC make Shimano chains IIRC, but come with a quick link instead of that bloomin’ pin!

I use the KMC X9-73 with my XT cassette, they get on quite well.

spudnick
    Free Member

thanks for the info. ordered a kmc x10

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What new chain to go for?’ is closed to new replies.