Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • What new car?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Inspire me…

Want a new/up to two years old car – compact, cheap, must have space for two childrens car seats in (although they won’t be used much so would consider a 3dr). Just looking to change from our current 2ltr medium-sized car to something cheap as chips as a town runabout car. Thinking of cars like the Ka, Aygo etc. Not fussed about lots of power as it will barely ever even go out of 30mph zones (we have another ‘family’ car that gets used for longer trips.

ta…

monkey_boy
    Free Member

nissan note

Bimbler
    Free Member

I drive past a Fiat garage on my way to work, prices of old shape Fiat Panda’s look very good.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    properbikeco
    Free Member

new fiesta is very good

fasthaggis

Fiat 500

Great for getting in to small gaps 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

new fiesta is very good

I do like them but l think it is too big though – really want a tiny thing. It almost the size of the Focus a few years ago.

cb

Unmarked police cars might find something like this slightly less annoying…
    http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/VehicleAdvert/Peugeot/107/390302

richmtb

Volkswagen Up

It will run all day on a rag soaked in GT85 and has a surprising amount of room in the back. Boot is tiny mind you

steveoath
    Free Member

Renault Twingo here. Love it.

Goes like sh1t off a shovel if you go for the GT or RS versions. Cheap to run, insure. But back seats fold down for chucking stuff in. I’ve taken a dismantled shed to the tip in it!

Mine:

wingnuts

This is STW isn’t it? Wheres the A4 or Octavia suggestion? OK a small car so that”s the A3 then.

johndoh
    Free Member

so that”s the A3 then.

Of the Fabia…

chojin
    Free Member

richmtb – Member
    Volkswagen Up

It will run all day on a rag soaked in GT85 and has a surprising amount of room in the back. Boot is tiny mind you

They’re not *that* economical, we’re averaging 45/50mpg out of ours, which whilst is good, is no way near the “72mpg” it promised.

Tis a great little car though, with a very cheeky little engine note. The boot isn’t that bad either! It gets a week’s worth of shopping in it with a bit of room to spare.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Polo, Ibiza, Fiesta, Rio and i20 are my top 5 new small diesels as at this time. Make your own choice based on how important you view cost, warranty, comfort, quality etc etc. Oh and check the drivethedeal for prices!

titusrider
    Free Member

something with the Fiat Twin air angine in 🙂

Fiat 500, panda, alfa Mito

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Wife has a Hyundai i10. She loves it. I wanted to hate it, but it drives pretty well, and very well equipped for a tiny car.

Edit – simple petrol engine and 20 pounds a year VED.

GJP
    Free Member

VW Up! here. Standard engine not blue motion. Average around 54mg which is more than twice as much as my Audi Quattro so I am pretty pleased with it. I think it is a fantastic little car with good room in the back. Looking forward to the GT version with a bit more power. Group 2, £20 a year VED

properbikeco
    Free Member

to be honest, VERY small cars are a bad idea unless you really need them.
    Running costs not much less than superminis, plus safety not as good and poorer on longer journeys.

Also unless you’re gonna keep it forever you want it to be reasonable attractive to potential buyers.

all the micro cars I’ve seen are really cheaply built, I’d go supermini class as best compromise

edit, forgot to say, don’t go diesel, total utter waste of time and money on a car not doing over 15k, esp if it does short journeys

Trekster

Kia?
    Get the remainder of the 7yr warranty 💡

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/kia/ceed

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Bought my wife a Hyundai i10 for £7k new (pre-reg) to use around town. Great little car, well equipped (cd, usb, aircon etc) and surprisingly nice to drive. Small but 5 door and will easily fit 4 adults in, 5 at a push.

Trekster
    stumpy01

Kia Picanto or Mazda 2?

starsh78
    Free Member

Dacia Sandero.

end of thread!

chewkw
    Free Member

Suzuki Swift auto gear if you can find one.

Toyota corolla auto gear like mine a 2005 model.

Skoda Fabia (or the estate version) auto gear …

Go for automatic gear which I am sure you will enjoy it very much. I have!

All you out there driving manual gear car … ya right … more involving my foot.

piemonster

A2 surely

johndoh
    Free Member

All you out there driving manual gear car … ya right … more involving my foot.

I drove an auto in the States over Christmas. It was okay there (their road laws make autos almost a necessity) but I still prefer my manual.

I like the Suzi Swift call mind you.

johndoh
    Free Member

Crikey – they are a bit pricy mind you!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Surely you need a BMW, it’ll match your driving style. 8)

johndoh
    Free Member

Surely you need a BMW, it’ll match your driving style.

I have an Audi A6 Avant S-Line Special Edition 2.0l tdi 174bhp for that already thanks 😈

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘What new car?’ is closed to new replies.