Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What new AM wheelset carbon or ???
  • shredder
    Free Member

Reqs
    650b
    Wide ish (in territory of Flow EX internal width )
    Sram XD driver compatible
    15mm front 12 x 142 rear
    Tubeless compatible

Thinking about
    DT 240 hubs to Enve AM rims
    or
    DT hubs to Derby or light bicycle carbon rims

Industry Nine Torch hubs / rims
    (How well sealed are these )

The new Mavic Enduro wheelset

Anything else ?

tomhoward

I’ve decided, pretty much, on Enve AM on Hope but thats because 1) (and, mainly) King don’t support XD drivers and 2) I9 are a bit of an unknown to me, are they a good/reliable/shiny alternative to King (id just be using the hubs, rather than wheelset)?

Northwind

Money no object, DT240 on Enve I reckon. But in practice I’m doing DTs on Lightbicycles, because I can afford that 😆 Just doing one rim for now as a trial run to see how well it tubelesses, going to stick it in the hardtail and smash it off things for a while and if it doesn’t explode I’ll get some more.

njee20
    Free Member

DT on LightBicycle +1

mactheknife

My LBS have been pretty awesome after having 2 sets of E13 TRS + commit suicide. The rear hub on both had cracks appear in them after a few months. And a very well knows distributor refused to refund after the second set went wonky on me. Took an email to the US warranty department to force them to refund.

Great looking rims but the rear hub is as much use as a chocolate tea cosy.

honourablegeorge

orthwind – Member

Money no object, DT240 on Enve I reckon. But in practice I’m doing DTs on Lightbicycles, because I can afford that

Are there affordable DT 240 hubs about? They’re a huge price compared to Hope as far as I can see.

kimbers

yeah I was looking at LBs on pro2s are dt24os that much better/lighter?

2 questions though is 35mm too wide? and how does the no lip tuneless setup work?

also anyone reccommend wheel builder in/ near london

Northwind

honourablegeorge – Member

Are there affordable DT 240 hubs about? They’re a huge price compared to Hope as far as I can see.

I’ve never bought a new one, too rich for my money but they come pretty cheap in wheelsets. Especially the unfancied DT wheelsets!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The 240 hubs are a fair chunk lighter than the Hopes, moreso the rear one. IMO they are a fair bit better.

The best way to pick them up is on complete wheels etc, the EX1750 come with them as standard for example.

I’ve got a set on some Derby rims, and another on some Enve’s both are 5+ years old and still on the original bearings.

Northwind

Yep, tbf just think of the 240 as a better Pro 2- better sealed, lighter, more reliable/stronger, but otherwise does the same job. Full axle interchangability, etc. Downside is obviously the price! (oh, and replacing the centremost bearing is a pain- but needs done incredibly rarely, because the sealing works)

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

I have the tool for the driveside hub bearing if needs be. bloody expensive bit of kit but well worth it if you run DT hubs

shredder
    Free Member

Superb DT 240s have a set in another wheelset which I purchased in 2008.

Haven’t had to do anything to them other than change end caps as frames have changed.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What new AM wheelset carbon or ???’ is closed to new replies.