Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What new advanced compact digital camera?
  • lovetoride
    Free Member

Work are looking for a new digital camera, requirements are as follows:

– Must be relatively small in size as will need to be put in pockets etc when climbing ladders on building sites
    – High pixellage as need the ability to edit images for website etc
    – Ability to have a high optical zoom as sometimes need to shoot parts of a building from a distance
    – Must be relatively simple to use as it will be used by older members of the company, all objects that will be photographed will be stationary
    – Budget of £250.00

Thanks in advance.

molgrips
    Free Member

High pixellage as need the ability to edit images for website etc

Ignore pixel count. High pixels actually means worse quality for compacts, and what’s the point in taking 14MP images when websites only need what a tenth of that?

Cougar

Must be relatively small in size

Ability to have a high optical zoom

These are going to be mutually exclusive I expect. You need to clarify what you mean by “relatively small” – in relation to what? “Small relative to a dSLR” is a different requirement to “small relative to other compacts.”

cp

Look at the panasonic TZ range – excellent, large zooms in a small body.

lovetoride
    Free Member

The Panasonic TZ range was on my radar. Due to some of the difficulties with getting shots on certain projects we need the ability to zoom in on screens/editing software etc at a later date.

The camera needs to be smaller than an SLR/Bridge.

Apologies for the possible contradictions, they’re the requirements I’ve been given and am no expert in photography!!

momo

Lumix TZ 8/10 fits the bill perfectly, not a small compact but smaller than a bridge camera and much smaller than a DSLR. Fairly long zoom and good quality optics.

I’ve had my TZ10 for about 6 months now and really like it, small enough to stick in my pocket when out and about and usually chuck it in my camelbak when out biking. Also use mine when undertaking site surveys as the picture size and quality is excellent for zooming into.

lovetoride
    Free Member

Other options are Sony H70 or a Canon Powershot SX210???

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What new advanced compact digital camera?’ is closed to new replies.