Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What network amp to stream music from NAS?
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Recommendations? I’m not sure about budget yet, but basically as low as needed to get a good sound quality (yes, I know that is subjective).

It needs to play most formats, including FLAC.

It will be used with my Technics floor standing speakers. If it helps, the NAS is a Synology DS114.

andyl
    Free Member

Try the apps out as that is what you will probably be using.

I quite fancy the Pioneer 924 but the 529 is currently available for about £170.

The Yamaha app seems quite polished.

mikey74
    Free Member

Bump!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

Denon Ceol is good.

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve heard that the sound quality isn’t that good on those.

jam-bo

I’m no hifi nerd but sounds ok to me. Got it hooked up to a set of arcam solos.

mcgoomtb

A SonoS Connect unit if you already have an amp or a Connect Amp if you don’t will give you surprisingly good results. Set up is easy as pie. The app which is available for iOS and Android is a joy to use. It works very well with a Synology DS213J and should you wish to move on to use streaming services it can handle Deezer, Quobus, LastFM etc.

The costs are £279/£379 and when you succumb to the audio seduction, SonoS equipment yields a very good return on the inevitably quoted auction site!

alanf
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of Denons, a CEOL and an AVR.
    Both run from a DS213 without any problems and can run audio station through both.
    I’m using Monitor Audio speakers on both. As Jam bo above, I’m no audiophile/nerd but they both sound good to me using a multitude of file types, however YMMV.

mikey74
    Free Member

My mileage may vary? 😉

deadkenny
    Free Member

I use my old Squeezebox hooked up to my amp. Plays FLAC etc. Has digital connection, but also has a decent Burr-Brown DAC so I hook up analogue to the amp with it. My amp has streaming stuff in it also, but the UI is rubbish. Squeezebox has a reasonable app for Android and the UI on the device itself using remote is quite nice. Modern versions have funky graphical displays. My Synology NAS (411+II) runs the server component.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What network amp to stream music from NAS?’ is closed to new replies.