Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What natural *sshhhh* 'EPO' substitute? Or Iron supplements that work.
  • jimmy

To cut a long story short, as my Dad would say before explaining every minute detail for hours, are there any natural alternatives to EPO? I’m not looking for performance enhancement but alternatively, does anyone take Iron tablets / supplements which have made a difference to every day energy levels?

ladyrider
    Free Member

Beetroot juice. Seriously. Get it from Holland and Barrett, it is the most incredible natural boost. A glass a day. Every person I know that I have recommended it to swears by it. And its high in iron. Look at the website for ‘Beet It’. Also… Cut refined sugar and alcohol from your diet for 2 weeks and see the difference. Athletes don’t avoid them for no reason…

flap_jack
    Free Member

acetyl-l-carnitine

FFS don’t take it in the afternoon, you’ll never sleep.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Altitude training. Your body will manufacture it for free.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Food.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Charlie

LabMonkey
    Free Member

Jimmy – so why do you want some ‘EPO like substance’?

If your red blood cell count, haemoglobin concentration, or haematocrit are lower than YOUR normal level then there are ways that you can sort that out – but, if you want to enhance these measures ABOVE your normal level than any effect will be both hard to achieve AND short-lived. Send me an email if you are the former.

Edit: I am an exercise physiologist by the way, and I have undertaken some research into blood chemistry and exercise tolerance

Bazz

Never used it myself, or heard any feedback on it, but i’ve seen this stuff

http://www.zipvit.co.uk/cgi-bin/popupprod3a1.pl?prodcode=A388a&cartnumber=2605z&currency=Pounds Sterling&vouchercode=&category=u

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What natural *sshhhh* 'EPO' substitute? Or Iron supplements that work.’ is closed to new replies.