Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What music download website?
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Want to download music and save it to itunes on new PC. What’s the best websites?

DezB
    Free Member

Amazon? Juno? Bleep.com? Depends what yer after

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I use itunes now, easy to sync between computer and iphone. Trouble is my external hard drive has died and now i’ve lost my music. Mate at work has just shown me Deezer which is a tenner a month and has loads of songs on, but then it will be another tenner a month for the mrs on her phone too. That’s why I’d prefer to pay for something I can put into itunes so we can both choose which song we want on each others devices.

TheFlyingOx

Spotify and Google Play Music are both £9.99/month and they both allow you multiple devices from the same account.

I use Google, purely because it works over my workplace network, but I think it’s probably slightly better than Spotify when it comes to organising your music.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Brilliant, cheers. Stupid question, but do I store them in itunes or download apps on our phones and the home PC?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Both Deezer and Spotify offer family subs. I know Spotify is £15 a month for a main user + 1 account.

https://www.spotify.com/uk/family/

Brilliant, cheers. Stupid question, but do I store them in itunes or download apps on our phones and the home PC?

Deezer and Spotify have their own apps for desktop or mobile and will not interact with iTunes. Downloading will be per device, so what you have downloaded on your desktop won’t be automatically downloaded on mobile, and vice versa, but will always be available for streaming.

Don’t forget you lose access to any downloads when you end your subscription.

Spotify and Google Play Music are both £9.99/month and they both allow you multiple devices from the same account.

But said devices cannot be used at the same time. So if OP and his missus want to use the service at the same time, whoever logs in second, is out of luck.

TheFlyingOx

They’re kind of online/cloud based, so you can access from any computer with an internet connection. App is required for mobile devices. Google will also let you upload any mp3s you have so you can then access them anywhere you can get online.

Also, somebody somewhere will have written a chrome/Firefox add-on that scans your iTunes library and adds all those songs to your Google Play account. Google Music Manager detects your iTunes account and automagically uploads everything there to your Google account.

TheFlyingOx

Me & the missus can use Google Music at the same time… ❓

EDIT: she downloads to her phone then listens “offline”. Can’t stream from more than one device at once.

DezB
    Free Member

So he asks for download sites, but wants a streaming app? Can’t help there then!
    Although, if I was going to choose one it’d be Apple Music.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Don’t be such a grump. I don’t have a bloody clue what I want, just want a music player on my new computer that can store my music and be played on our phones, like itunes.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

EDIT: she downloads to her phone then listens “offline”. Can’t stream from more than one device at once.

Yup. That’s the way round it.

Otherwise you get stuff like this:

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

So my best option is probably Apple Music because it’s basically the same as I did before, but uses the cloud rather than an external hard drive? Still itunes on phone and computer?

jekkyl

Pirate bay.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

If you want to stick with iTunes, then yes. Apple do a family sharing account for £15. They also have 3 month free trial for single accounts.

….or you could take a trip back to the 00’s with Jekkyl, and use a torrent site. Back then people torrented because there was not a decent digital solution for modern MP3 players. Unlike now.

TheFlyingOx

OP. I think you can actually use Google Play Music for free if you just use it for your own mp3s, although you’re limited to 50,000 songs. Give it a try to see if you can get on with it and if it meets your needs. You’ll need to sign up but that’s all. App is free to download for your phone/tablet and then everything linked to your account is available on your phone via streaming. If you’re ever not online or don’t want to burn through 3G/4G, you can download anything in your account to your phone much the same as iTunes syncs to your phone and listen to it offline.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

use it for your own mp3s,

Trouble is my external hard drive has died and now i’ve lost my music.

Not sure the OP has any left 😯

TheFlyingOx

Hmmmm… I imagine buying all that music again would be expensive, so standard iTunes is out. Piracy is obviously the sole cause of ISIS, the Conservatives and those times when you really need to sneeze but it gets stuck at the top of your nose, and as such is generally frowned upon, so that leaves streaming/downloading solutions such as Google Play, Spotify, Deezer, Soundcloud, Apple Music, etc.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’ve downloaded from torrent sites in the past, sometimes they’re the only places you can find some smaller artists especially if you’re after things like live recordings etc, but with a new computer I don’t want viruses all over it either and the sites were getting harder and harder to use anyway.

Looking like Apple Music I reckon.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What music download website?’ is closed to new replies.