Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What MTB-specific brake and gear cables are SRAM-happy right now?
  • spacemonkey

Need a set for SRAM Level brakes + NX shifter. Might need another for SRAM Guide R and GX.

Used to buy Shimano in the past and this is the first time with SRAM.

Mixed reviews on most I’ve found so far.

Cheers

vincienup
    Free Member

I normally run Shimano the Shimano XT level cables, the stuff that comes in the blue packet with a roll of SP41 and all the tongued cable ends and stuff. They seem to have stopped the PTFE sets I was using, presumably due to replacement by Optislick. So, I’d just get one of those (M8000 Optislick Gear Cable Set

Caveats; the cable end stuff i important to me as my Cotic hardtail don’t one one-piece outers. That said, I can set up a perfectly shifting SRAM with this set up as easily as I can Shimano.

Not sure about brake CABLES for MTB, I’ve only run cable discs on CX bikes and then it’s the outer casing that’s most important.

tomhoward

Best of luck finding cables for guides and levels

cp

For the gears just use shimano sp41 outer with shimano standard stainless inners, works great.

Sram level brakes don’t use cables.

spacemonkey

You have a point re brake cables. I really don’t know WTF I was thinking. I blame it on working on my son’s bike yesterday 😯

Yep, SP41 outers job done. Ta.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What MTB-specific brake and gear cables are SRAM-happy right now?’ is closed to new replies.