Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What winter MTB shoes with flat pedals?
  • n3olp
    Free Member

I’m sure this has prob been done before but after a quick search all I tend 2 find is shoes to wear with SPDs but personally prefer riding flats.

Every time I go out my feet get drenched and therefore become cold very quickly. I’m currently just wearing normal flat soled trainers. I do have the same problem with my hands but after I while they do tend 2 warm up.

Any suggestions?

kristoff
    Free Member

Oh could look at proofing your trainers with nikwax to help… Something like this should do the trick

Nikwax

Obviously other brands available.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

I use a pair of old Merrell approach shoes and a pair of SealSkinz thermal socks. Does the job nicely. Just hose the shoes off when I get home, dry them with lots of newspaper/radiator action and they’re ready to go again the next day.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Repeat post!

w1zard
    Free Member

I use 5-10s with flats, and wear the Sealskinz thick waterproof socks. Not had cold feet on a ride since – used to suffer all the time before.

Agree with waterproofing the shoes too – I use a Granger waterproofing wax – works really well with 5-10s.

sparkyrhino

shimano am41’s here,get a size bigger than your norm,very comfy,dry,and just enough grip,so you can shift your feet on pedals bit scetchy walking in mud,also easy to clean.some good deals on them too

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What winter MTB shoes with flat pedals?’ is closed to new replies.