Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What MTB for up to £700?
  • fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

So a mate of mine is looking for an MTB and has up to £700 to spend.

It will be used for general xc riding and nothing more than a few spins round the local woods.

I’ve seen this which looks to be good value but wondered if anyone else has seen a better option while trawling the internet?

Boardman Comp

woodster

Couple of options at Decathlon if he’s the right size

26er in Medium

29er in large

There’s a few half decent offerings on fleabay under £700

eshershore
    Free Member

@fatladridesbikes

anything from a decent brand with hydraulic disc brakes and hydraulic damper in the suspension fork should see him right.

jekkyl
    coomber
    Free Member

On one parkwood

Yes I have one

devash
    Free Member

If he’s not bothered about wheel size and is happy going second hand then you could pick up a nice full sus in 26″ variety for 700. Specialized Camber or Giant Trance / Anthem comes to mind.

700 will get you a fantastic hardtail second hand as well.

If he’s after new, then as mentioned Paul’s Cycles for a bargain. If he plans on riding anything more challenging than a canal tow path then avoid anything with an undampered Suntour coil fork (Suntour Raidon forks are ok though).

Northwind

My local Halfords has last year’s Voodoo Bizango on discount. And it’d have been my first answer even if it wasn’t on discount, it is pisstakingly good. You have to like the swagger of a £600 bike that wins £1000 bike grouptests.

This year’s one I’ve not ridden but it looks like much the same only better.

fatbobb
    Free Member

If he wants a simple unfussy and totally relaxed ride for XC, then a Genesis Core 20 would get my vote. Ride one first though, the sizing can be a bit different.

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Cheers guys

td75
    Free Member

I had a look at the new Bizango this week, I liked it a lot. I’ve got an inbred frame I’m meant to be building up but I’m tempted to just get the Bizango instead. Really surprised how light it felt for a £600 bike.

matt_outandabout

^ the Ramin is an ace bike – good frame and ok wheels, Deore kit and good fork. I would happily ride that as my bike.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What MTB for up to £700?’ is closed to new replies.