Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 140 total)
  • What motorcycle have you got?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Mine looks clean but its like triggers brush 😉

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

My two:

2010 Aprilia Tuono:

2012 Triumph Street Triple R:

alexxx
    Free Member

Which do you prefer Gilo?

and does anyone have any experience of the R35 CCM?

firestarter
    Free Member

Ooohh gilo they are two bikes I want , no need lol

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

‘Nudder picture of the STR showing the Fresco lowboy can which (IMO) looks far better than the hideous standard underseat cans (and sounds great too):

rickmeister

Ms Rickmeisters stolen and much loved, highly modded xt 600e

Yam R1 disc and caliper
    Bored out carbs
    Dynojetted
    Gas flowed and skimmed head
    Excel rims

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

alexxx: very, very hard to say, both cracking bikes that suit me down to the ground. The Tuono handles superbly (I’ve raised the rear ride height and raised the forks in the yokes which makes it turn in quicker without making it twitchy – I do have a Hyperpro RSC damper fitted though) and the V twin grunt is very addictive, it’s the easiest overtaking bike I’ve ever had, pretty much whatever gear just twist n’ go!

The Street Triple was a grower tbh, probably because they are so hyped up in the motorcycle press. I realised it was a very good bike straight away, didn’t quite get the whole Street Triple love-fest. However, the more I’ve ridden it (2000 miles since buying it in June) the more I realise just what a stunning road bike it is. It weighs sod-all so handles superbly on my favourite B roads (suspension is over-sprung for my 11 stone though) but what’s surprised me is how practical it is, my wife finds it far better riding pillion than she does on the Tuono. It’s also a superb engine, hugely torquey for it’s relatively small size.

Both are keepers and will be in my garage for a good few years (nothing out there at the moment I’d change either for) and I hope to hell I never have to get rid on one and keep the other. If I’m honest I reckon it’d be a toss a coin job followed by months of depression!!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Firestarter – if you ever find yourself in Bristol you’re welcome to try them out 🙂

alexxx
    Free Member

thanks Gilo just what I needed to hear, thinking of trying a Triumph with the same thoughts in mind (light for the alpine roads around me and good for a pillion)

Dickyboy

Centauro V10 anyone?

Denno17
    Free Member

I have a 98 Honda deauville as a commuter but at the moment it’s in the garage in bits after my sisters car ran it over 😥

Got one of these on order for a new summer bike

Can’t wait 😆

cupra
    Free Member

Until yesterday I had this

Aprilia RSV1000R

redthunder
    Free Member

Honda Hornet 600

Trimix
    Free Member

I have:
    KTM 990
    KTM 525
    Honda XR 400
    Bultaco 250
    Montessa 250

totalshell

the duke in the living room wins by a mile.. had a tenere in my kitchen for six months once but red and sexy that duke wins

aircooled
    Free Member

Hey, BigButSlimmerBloke, I always fancied a Futura. I ended up with a succession of BMW R1100/1150 RSs, also have a XL1000V Varadero for work. Anyone wanna buy a nice blue R1150RS with many toys?

Alcopop
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock used to have the exact same Bultaco sherpa
    had this until earlier this year kinda missing it now

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers gilo but a long way away and would only make me want one more lol keep thinking of fightering mine bit of a tuono style 😉 really fancy a street triple at the min so light. Mine owes me a fortune tho new engine this year, r1 forks and brakes, new rear sus unit, gearing changed, full yoshimura race system, power commander and dyno tuned, gipro atre, speedo healer, clear clutch cover and fancy coloured insides and upgraded springs , k and n , lots of other bits and bobs oh powdercoated frame and swingarm too

so would lose a fortune :'( looking at fitting a gsxr digital clock over winter if I can get it to work , should be good 😉

Nice bike cupra

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Denno17 – if you find yourself up in the Lakes on that pop over 😉 Kinda like Victories… having bad thoughts about a Duke for next time around!

Must be getting old!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Sorry – Victory Judge… loosing the plot here (and had such a long standing lust for a KTM Super Duke…)

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Found a better pic of mine.

konabunny
    Free Member

what’s the STW groupthink consensus on CB250s?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Which ones? There’s been quite a few through the years.
    CB250RS classic and cool/dispatch rider fodder
    CB250 Superdream wet dream?
    I’m quite liking the new (last year) CBR250

konabunny
    Free Member

Which ones?

The boring ones 🙁

stevied
    Free Member

1993 RGV250 🙂 2 stroke madness. Had it tuned with Nikkon race pipes/aprilia head etc. Putting out about 75hp at the rear wheel and revs to over 13k…
    Makes me giggle every time I open it up..and handles superbly.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

The boring ones

You’ve just summed it up perfectly. Nothing wrong with them as a means of getting about but nothing to get excited about.

Aristotle
    Free Member

Currently a Foxeye Fazer with a few handling tweaks. Not flash, but quick enough, good fun to ride, copes with most things and cheap to run.

I love riding motorbikes (chucking them about on mountain roads rather than doing warp speed down straight roads). Ideally, I’d get a KTM 950SM, but in the past year the Fazer has unfortunately had little use, other than some commuting and a trip to the IOM.

Incidentally, I also had a ride up the TT mountain on a Bonneville. It was quite good fun, although I think I’d be fettling the suspension and fitting flatter, wider bars if I owned it.

godzilla
    Free Member

bensales
    Free Member

My GSXR-1000. Had it from new, best bike I’ve ever had, and I can’t see myself getting rid for a very, very, long time.

firestarter
    Free Member

Are you big or are they little 😉

bensales
    Free Member

Me? 🙂

I’m 6’3″, so on the tall side.

GSX-Rs are deceptive bikes, they are physically small and light, with a short wheel-base, but they have a very roomy riding position. I also love the fact that the 1000cc version weighs pretty much the same as the 600cc version yet punts out 180bhp 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

I saw one at shop actually they are little aren’t they 😉 look nice tho.

nedrapier

Nothing wrong with them as a means of getting about but nothing to get excited about.

Ha! The exact opposite of my Beta Evo 250!

_tom_
    Free Member

godzilla, something about that just looks awesome! I really want a motorbike but really can’t afford it.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I have this , only started riding this year ….. an 07 plate honda vardero 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

sorry to bring up this thread again but aka_gilo this is your fault (along with this thread lol) , look what ive just bought

i like the tuono too but ive already got a heavy big v twin to had to try one of these 😉

mildred

An original Yamaha mini majesty in the latter stages of a full rebuild/renovation. I’ve gone too far… It’s gonna be too nice to ride in anger.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Are we due a ride out soon eh?

porter_jamie

i just bought this recently

to do this for cancer research
    http://www.thelongestdaydownchallenge.co.uk/

maximum allowed spend is £300. bought for 170 quid and my total is about £313 so i pay a ‘fine’ of 13 quid to the charity. then i am supposed to ride it from JOG to LE non stop on the longest day. not sure i’m looking forwards to it!

because of the limited budget i have had to make loads of stuff, and its even got a radial brembo master cylinder off a KTM which i happened to have. that’s coming off when i sell it!

just an mot and tax to get.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Only got the 749R and the 990 Adventure left. Going to advertise the ADV for sale over the next couple of weeks 🙁

[/url]
    Bikes by George2006, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘What motorcycle have you got?’ is closed to new replies.