Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 140 total)
  • What motorcycle have you got?
  • kilo

“Saving for a Bonneville.

I had one of the t100 centenary ones with norman hyde pipes, hagon shrouded rear shocks and wider bars – one of only two bikes i regret selling (the other was a kmx200)

freddyg
    Free Member

1997 CBR1100XX (Blackbird) here. Unfortunately looking rather sad and neglected at the mo. After years of 20k miles/year commuting on my bikes, in late 2010 I was sent to work at a client 250 miles from home. This has meant I’ve done only 1k miles this year. Bobbins.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I really enjoy the Bonnie. It’s a little slow, I’ve only had 110 out of it, but the different pace and style of riding was exactly what I wanted. It is hard (for me at least) to get used to not being able to just open the throttle and overtake absolutely anything in an instant but at the same time I just plain enjoy riding it 🙂

I’ve rather got into the tarting it up thing too, quite a few cosmetic bolt-ons already in place. I’ve never done that with sportsbikes, an exhaust and crashbungs were usually all I bothered with.

The Enfields may have a similar style but 27 BHP will be painfully slow I think.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

’33 BSA Blue Star
    ’67 Cheney Victor
    mid/late 60’s CB72 (heavily tuned and some very special parts thrown in for good measure) in CR93 frame.

juan
    Free Member

Currently cluttering up the garage …
    2003 BMW R1150GS
    1997 Honda CBR600
    2001 Montesa 315R
    1978 Yamaha TY175

Is the TY street legal if yes ow much 😀

stevie750

[/url] harris by Stevie’s Photo’s, on Flickr[/img]

Haven’t been out in a while, probably going to sell it soon

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Don’t know if 27 BHP would be enough though!

That depends on where and why you ride. Honda claim 39 BHP for my VTZ250, which is probably close to 27 in the real world and that’s fine for me to go wafting about the countryside at speeds I can wear an open face helmet for. Throw in a few motorways and dual carriageways and rather more patience is required.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I write with a tear in my eye,
    I have an Aprilia RST Futura

Failed MoT, nothing too serious but it was waiting for me to get round to fixing it when the lockup was broken into. The resulting damage has meant it’s not worth fixing up so it’s likely to end up in bits on ebay. I’m gutted. Apart from the rarity value (I’ve only seen 4 and own one of those), it’s the best bike I’ve ever owned. Amazing reliability apart from electrical problems (resolved by shorting out the offending articles), comfortable enough for a week long round Britain 1600 mile jaunt, all the torque you’d expect from a big twin, fast and sharp enough to keep me happy.

Still, I’d never have got shot of it otherwise, so might now look at one of these as a replacement

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I really enjoy the Bonnie. It’s a little slow, I’ve only had 110 out of it, but the different pace and style of riding was exactly what I wanted.

..or as my brother said about his when asked how fast it went
    “Don’t know, at 90 it rattles so much I’m scared it’ll fall to bits so slow down”

Northwind

rp16v – Member

northwind – stunning is that a gsx front end i see?

Cheers- aye, K6 GSXR750 forks.

@Tomaso- totally agree… There’s always been rumous of a 650R version. Ironically you can build one using almost entirely off-the-shelf Suzuki parts and everything fits up like factory, just needs one custom spec bearing.

What’s annoying is that the stock one’s suspension isn’t so terrible, it just has stupidly light springs and oil in the forks, so the average UK rider is too heavy for them. Daft, it’d cost peanuts to correct that.

birky
    Free Member

juan;
    Is the TY street legal

It’s registered and I have the lighting kit but it’s been SORNed since 19-oatcake.

if yes ow much

Family heirloom so not for sale 😉

fourbanger
    Free Member

Kept in the family bike shed,

Running:
    Honda XR600R
    YamTT250R
    BSA ZB31
    BMW R100R
    BMW R12
    Matchless G80
    Matchless trials special
    MotoGuzzi V50

Not running:
    2x James Cadet
    Matchless ?
    Triumph Adventurer

Projects:
    AJS Flat-tanker
    Velocette KSS
    BMW R5

I think that’s it, but something may have slipped my mind.

momo

GSX-R750 SRAD here, 2500 miles, a couple of trackdays 😀 and 1 lowside crash 😥 this year. Currently in bits for a winter freshen up.

430387_10152371259940107_472272612_n by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

Pauly

1976 Z900.

Thinking of either doing a budget Sanctuary job on it, or selling it and getting a Speed Triple…

Decisions, decisions.

flange
    Free Member

2011 blade. H&M quick shifter, BST wheels (now, pic shows it the day I collected it), Ackro full system. Scares me senseless and has been ridden about 8 times. God knows why I bought it…

weeksy

Nice that Flange.

flange
    Free Member

Cheers – It’s a fantastic machine (I don’t normally like singing the praises of my own stuff, normally because I buy rubbish) but its waaaaay too much for me. I had more fun on the loaner CBR600r they lent me when this went in for its first service.

nano
    Free Member

Moto Guzzi v11 Tenni Le Mans only made 180
    Standard except for Maxton forks and shock and BMC filter

zingrock
    Free Member

Honda XR

Yammy TDM

Garage filling Honda Transalp

bikebouy
    Free Member

This, though without the target.

Vespa GT200

porter_jamie

98 R1 in r+w 43k miles
    rd400 earlystocker with pro porting barrels, tz carbs, ignition, pipes etc. Fe 500 championship winner
    1992 tz250a frame modified to accept rotax 604, supermono championship winner in 2006
    350lc F2 manchester motor complete in bits

i want a hinkley bonneville or similar for tooling about

gearfreak
    Free Member

Suzuki V-Strom

Crossing a ford in the Pyrennees.[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPQL6dPegmc[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=6NGjhGuH26o&NR=1[/video]

Marge
    Free Member

BMW K1200R – awesome engine even if the bike is a bit of tank
    ZX9R that I should get rid of really but never get around to it.

Mrs Marge has a lovely white & grey Ducati Monster as her legs are too short for much else 🙂

ben
    Free Member

Honda Phantom.

I’m only allowed a 200cc bike, having passed my first test in Singapore this year (need to drive for a year before I can take the 400cc test, then another year until big bike test 🙁 ). I do get to ride big engined exotica in Thailand though. 🙂

Don’t have a photo to hand, but looks like this:

godzilla
    Free Member

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Not been delivered yet, so doesn’t strictly meet the ‘in the garage’ criterion:

Pigface
    Free Member

Neat paint job on the Scorpa

Harris Magnum 😛

totalshell

nine currently keeping warm in the garage.. latest addition fully restored to better than new 1975 honda 400/4.. come the summer it ‘ll be visiting pubs ..

godzilla
    Free Member

Neat paint job on the Scorpa

Standard 2011 SR280

anagallis_arvensis

My old mans 1978 GL 1000 and my old knacker

mrmoofo

2002 Ducati 998s
    2011 Ducati Diavel

Have got ride of the following in the last two years
    KTM 950 SM
    GS1150 ADV – and I really wish I hadn’t
    Buell Cyclone

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Nice one Godzilla, I can even see Fremington Edge in the distance!
    Nice ones for Birky & Sharkbait as well.

My last one was this…

Bulto by jimmyg352, on Flickr

really wish I’d kept the bloody thing! still itching for another trially bike. 😡

geordiemick00
    Free Member

i had a brief fling with a CCM R35 and it was fun whilst it lasted, the suzuki lump was reliable but the Rotax version had more soul.

superfli
    Free Member

My daily hack:

And a great laugh it is too.

My not so well used anymore, GSXR

fazanders
    Free Member

This is Me…. FZ6 S2

nickname
    Free Member

Kawa Versys. Added a Scorpion exhaust to mine and some better mirrors which don’t vibrate anymore.

Also looking to get a XR or a DRZ as they look fun 🙂

shifter
    Free Member

Garage earlier today:

bonzodog
    Free Member

In my garage front room Ive got a Ducati

hopefiendboy

hmmm, always liked those Ducati!!

br
    Free Member

There are an awful lot of barely used m/c’s on this post, hope your MTB’s are not the same?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘What motorcycle have you got?’ is closed to new replies.