Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • What motivates you to ride your road bike instead of your MTB (and vice versa)?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

If I had some decent local trails then I’d likely ride the mtb a lot more (mostly a flashish mishmash of broken up bits of trail, currently a mud fest.) Though love riding the road bikes so it’s not like they are second best. Though at the moment I’d be happy to be out on either but riding is limited to mostly turbo time.

KonaTC

What motivates you to ride your road bike instead of your MTB?

Time, mud and a lack of money to replace worn parts 😥

eshershore
    Free Member

got into road cycling in November 2012 when I started working at a bike store that was focused on road sales

before this I was heavily into mountain biking with a good number of years doing extreme freeride and racing DH, and BMX

finding the road cycling good fun as its a new world to me, even though I am not into the road “culture” itself

very much enjoy long distance solo riding (normally around 70-80 miles) and 1 hour all-out sessions climbing steep hills and fast descents

still riding the MTB, which I enjoy, but this is generally 1-2 times a week as a bit of a treat as it always seems like a much easier ride than my daily commute of 50km, or my regular road sessions

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘What motivates you to ride your road bike instead of your MTB (and vice versa)?’ is closed to new replies.