Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What mobile phone?
  • scotabroad

Having always had a works phone I find myself needing to get a personal one and realise I know nothing about where to get the best deals.

I am not a heavy user, probably on average about 30 mins per day but may peak at 60 mins at the very most. Say half a dozen texts per day.

Preferably a decent camera on it, robust and easy to use. NOT looking for anything fancy.

Web access would be handy but not essential.

Best coverage round here is O2 or 3, vodaphone coverage is pants here.

cheers

S

scotabroad

anybody?

jon1973
    Free Member

your best bet is to go on to the O2 web site and see what they have on offer in terms of inclusive minutes etc. I’m on Vodafone and pay £20 a month for 600 mobile minutes and unlimited landline calls plus more texts then I’d ever use every month. Data (web stuff) seems to push up the price of the tarrif, so if you don’t really need it then you’ll save some money ime.

My Phone is a Sony Erricson c902 – which has an 8mp camera on it, which takes pretty good photos.

You kind of have to take what;s on offer when it’s a new contract. When you renew, you’ll be able to negotiate a better deal. If you don’t wear phones out, then a 24month contract will save you more money (£5 cheaper a month on vodafone compared to an 18 month one).

Also, for a cheapish phone, forget insurance, it costs you £6 a month and you have to pay a £25 excess if you claim on it. Your better off just buying a cheap pay as you go, to replace it if you damage your phone.

Pieface

T Mobile have some very flexible contracts. With the boosters you can change the ‘unlimited’ aspects of your account on a monthly basis.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What mobile phone?’ is closed to new replies.