Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What mobile? Basic, unbreakable
  • flashes
    Free Member

Having just killed my third mobile, what recomendations do you have for a basic, PAYG, Virgin OK phone, must be able to be able to make calls and text, a camera would be nice, as would triband. Must be happy being dropped, to live in a Camelback and get slightly moist…

blades2000
    Free Member

Nokia 5140i if you can get hold of one, they are a bit old now and the camera is best described as rubbish but meets the other requirements.

Bregante

This one. It has the word “extreme” in it’s name.

http://mobile.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=454782&c=froogle&u=454782&t=module

stevenieve
    Free Member
    coffeeking
    Free Member

My one of these is still going over a decade later, despite being used in all sorts of weather and water:

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these,

a JCB toughphone,really indestructible,floats,metal chassis inside the dust and waterproof casing,waterproof to a depth of a metre for at least an hour(and yup,I’ve tried it),bluetooth,can be recharged from a usb port if needed….the only phone I’ve ever seen with an IP rating(of 67)bloody loud ring tone,which by default is a jcb starting up.

I destroy phones on the road and gigging at a phenomenal rate and this has lasted really,really well so far.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

My JCB 360 use to be pretty quiet starting up, until it went into the final phase of auto warm up.

bighendo
    Free Member

……..you wont break this one, …ever!!
    basic but bombproof, great battery life,

NOKIA 3720 CLASSIC

YOUTUBE WATER TEST

flashes
    Free Member

I ended up ordering a Samsung B2100 “solid extreme”, we’ll see………..

poly
    Free Member

Not sure how it will take being dropped (perhaps you need a foam rubber case?) but for scratch and water resistance the Motorolla Defy will take some beating – and is actually quite a good smart phone… although that may be the complete opposite from what you want.

soma_rich
    Free Member

If you want a smart Android phone. Get a Motorola Defy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What mobile? Basic, unbreakable’ is closed to new replies.