Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What mini pump..?
  • jackal
    Free Member

After my 10 year or so old mini pump failing on me the other day and leaving me somewhat stranded (normally have a co2 cartridge in my camelbak but took it out the other week to 'save weight' :roll:), i'm in need of a new one.

What would be the best one to go for?
    Something not too big so it will fit nicely in the camelbak, but not so small that it takes 20 minutes to inflate tyre…

😀

Tiger6791

Only one choice

http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/info_TOPXDFMP.html

Buy that and some catriges for under £20

BikePawl
    Free Member

This oneTopeak Mountain morph Youy can also get it with a pressure guage. And the head can be changed for an Intellihead

Houns

2nd BikePawl – The best pump

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Lezyne alloy drive mini pump.

It's most excellent. Light. small. efficient.

thepurist

scholarsgate speaks the truth. And they forgot 'shiny' on the list of attributes.

DezB
    Free Member

+2 for the Lezyne http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24665
    You will not be disappointed.
    (Cheap on Ebay iirc)

rootes1

+3 for lezyne – have mountain and a road one, the old style flexi hose really does save the valve

z1ppy

just to even things up I 3rd Bikepawl & Houns recommendations – Topeak Mountain morph

thepurist
    nickc

Another vote for the Lezyne one. Proper hose means no more crap "smart head" non adapters that don't really work, and bend the valves.

rOcKeTdOg

+1 for the leyzine, ST mag in great recommendation shocker!

rOcKeTdOg

+3 for the leyzine, ST mag in great recommendation shocker!

BikePawl
    Free Member

In a fight between them both the mountain morph wins on volume of air into the tyre, never had a problem with Intelliheads.
    The Leyzine is the shiniest piece of kit in the world, ever. It however is not as comfortable on the hand when pumping, is fiddly to undo from the base and swap between presta and schrader with gloves or cold hands, and the guage is hard to read accurately.

Jerome
    Free Member

Mountain morph here
    Proper job..

brassneck

Anything but the Crank Bros thing a triumph of cute design over usability.

Yes, I sucked for it.
    Yes I now own a Mountain morph too!

jackal
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies.
    Loving the look of the lezyne, but at the minute I think the mountain morph is looking like the one, although it does look a little large, but should still fit in the camelbak ok??
    😀

jackal
    Free Member

Mountain morph ordered from crc last nite, cheers everyone 😉

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Have you lot gone for the small or medium Leyzine?

FuzzyWuzzy

I use a Mountain Morph for MTB and Road Morph for road bike, happy with both. The Lezyne is nice to though, I'd also second the comment that the CB one is pants.

ackie
    Free Member

mountain morph!

granny_ring

I've got a couple of blackburn pumps and been very pleased with them in use and spares/warantee etc. The only downside is changing the connector for p & S valves,
    Not tried the mountain morph yet, might be too long for the back pack.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What mini pump..?’ is closed to new replies.