• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ajr.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • what medium travel frame for the heavier chap ??
  • renton
    Free Member

Ive just sold my enduro sl as ive moved and the bike is totally unsuitable for the new area and also commuting on.

Im looking to buy somthing with around 120-140mm travel with a rear shock thats got a lockout.

im quite a heavy chap at 17 stone so dont want anything thats going to be too flexy??

whats out there that you can recommend me looking at??

am i better off looking at four bar suspension or single pivot for the least flex??

cheers

steve

renton
    Free Member

bump!!

z1ppy

New or secondhand?

4bar or SP.. I say was down to individual choice, more to do with which you like the feel of, not what you ‘should’ buy.

Bolt thru axle’s would ‘help’ with any frame flexibilty.

renton
    Free Member

prob seconhand for around a grand !!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Nicolai?

topgunsteve
    Free Member

I have a 2010 Trek EX8, love the think. 120mm travel, awesome rear shock. No lockout but great pro pedal.

I’m 6’4″ and 18.5st and its fine.

I knwo it’s not in your price bracket but you pick up the frames second hand for the price you’re looking at.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Second hand nicolai, I’m 25 stone and mine is fine. Saying that so is my tranny. The only thing you need to look out for us that the leverage ratio is low enough to allow you to run correct pressures in the shock.

I wouldn’t worry about which frame. Your not that heavy

ajr
    Free Member

New 2012 Ventana El Saltamontes or El Ciclon frames would fit your critera.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘what medium travel frame for the heavier chap ??’ is closed to new replies.