Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What Maxxis front tyre?
  • RestlessNative
    Free Member

I’ve been running a 2.35 single ply high roller for ages up front with either a 2.1 crossmark (summer) or a 2.1 advantage (everywhen else) at the back. Been thinking I’d like to try something lighter and a bit faster rolling for a change but it’s unlikely to get changed in the winter so don’t want a pure summer tread. Any opinions on –

2.25 Advantage (the 2.1 at the back works well)

2.25 Ardent (looks fast)

2.35 Ignitor (not sure on this, no side lugs and I like the bite of the high roller in bends))

And how they size up compared a 2.35 high roller?

hora
    Free Member

Maxxis Swampthing 2.35 60a compound on the front still- just removed the rear one and fitted a Advantage. Swampthing still on the front as I like its grip across many mediums (and I brake a fair bit with the front in the wrong places).

Moda
    Free Member

I am trying a rocket ron 2.4 on the front seems to perform well in most conditions encountered so far.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

a swampthing looks like it will be slower than a high roller?

scotabroad

If you have an advantage on the rear I would stick one on the front, I have 2.1 front and rear and like it a lot. Would not go bigger than 2.1, advantages are much bigger than HR’s or minions at same size.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m running ADvantage front and rear and really liking them. remember they come from the neer more honest school of maxxis sizing.

Nonsense
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2.25 Advantage on the front and a 2.1 on the rear. Really liking it so far on a variety of surface conditions. Go for it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What Maxxis front tyre?’ is closed to new replies.