Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What mass start events like megavalanche are there in the uk?
  • filks

Getting into the idea of doing the mega as a midlife crisis and am building the bike – but what events are there that I could do as warm up over the next couple of years before taking the plunge for the actual event?
    Read about Macavalanche but not sure if that exists anymore; is there anything else around?

Any suggestions welcome!
    Thanks

Riksbar

Bogtrotters rides?

Northwind

Macavalanche (well, nearly) is on the 9th of May, it’s part of the bluegrass enduro tour now. I think it still has the mass start but also has some more stages. I’ve never raced it yet though 😳

deadkenny
    Free Member

There was one on Leith Hill a few years back. A bit unofficial and they got into trouble I think 😀

filks

That Leith Hill one looks ace!
    So nothing else other than doing a ‘normal’ enduro event?
    Might need to find most local one…..

wallop

Bristol Bikefest has a mass start but that’s where the similarities end.

ahwiles
    Free Member

there is very little that can prepare you for the experience of the Mega start line.

except, maybe, a really bad trip during an illegal warehouse rave – is this an option?

once you’re off, you’re just riding your bike – try not to crash too often.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There was (another unoficial) one in the Peaks, might even have been two as I’m sure one used to be Uni Vs Hallam. Think they did it in a couple of stages down the Causeway, Broken Road and one of the decents to the cement works (might have been Pindale but that might have been a bit tame), lowest cumulative time won.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

The Red Bull Fox Hunt, although its in Ireland and not the UK!

BoardinBob

As NW said, Bluegrass Enduro

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5YOD1uN0v0[/video]

http://www.nofussevents.co.uk/event/Bluegrass-Enduro-Tour/2999/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What mass start events like megavalanche are there in the uk?’ is closed to new replies.