Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What Map for Garmin Edge 800
  • grantyboy
    Free Member

Recently bought a Garmin Edge 800 for training duties. Went for the performance bundle thinking I could pick maps up at a later date. I now think that was a mistake and should have stumped up the extra £50 for the Discoverer GB map when buying the unit, didn’t realize the map was £180 by itself.

So what are my other options for decent mapping with the Garmin? Garmin Birdseye Select anygood? I use a Mac if that makes a difference.
    cheers

hugor
    Free Member

I know some people install open street maps on them which are free and apparently pretty good.
    Not done it myself but I’m sure you’d find instructions easily enough with a few google searches.

PaulD
    Free Member

I got the open street map GB which is approx 300MB download and it works fine on a Garmin 605.
    I switch micro-SD cards between Garmin global map and the UK specific one.

PaulD

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Piratebay + 4gig microSD.

jonba
    Free Member

Here’d an interesting read about 800 maps

http://www.justgoride.co.uk/Content/Articles/Item.aspx?id=119

Andy-W
    Free Member

I went for the Discoverer GB OS mapping and at a later date got the Garmin NT road map or what ever its called.. and it got the Road map to fit on the same micro SD as the OS map so now when i go out on the road bike or the MTB i can just use what ever map i need .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What Map for Garmin Edge 800’ is closed to new replies.