Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what map app?
  • smatkins1
    Free Member

Recommend me a map app please.

I use Strava on my iPhone, but the mapping on their is useless.

I would like an map app which will show me a bit more detail.

Does an app exist where you can share rides? This would be amazingly helpful for when I explore new places.

buzz1024
    Free Member

I’ve just downloaded and am playing around with Viewranger – so far it looks pretty good. Uses O/S maps and allows sharing of gpx files. The app is free with some basic maps – it costs to download the O/S stuff.
    Just search for viewranger a dsee what you think.

Mackem

I use viewranger, it’s very good.

matt_outandabout

I also now use viewranger, it is excellent. Takes some faffing to get best from – worth looking at website how-to…

chudsy
    Free Member

Another vote for viewranger.

GrahamS

Yep ViewRanger is good. Has nice route following options. Quite like planning out a route on the iPad app then transferring it to my phone.

MotionX GPS is worth a look too. Free, offers a good range of maps, is very good at tracking and has some nice displays.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Ordnance Survey have brought out their own map app for iphone. O/S map tiles appear to be cheaper than ViewRanger, but I don’t know any more about it cos I have android.

tmb467
    Free Member

I use UK Map – doesnt allow you to plot but its cheap and you can work out where you are without signal (needs GPS)

It’s good in conjunction with a map cos it will go down to 1:10000 if needed

GrahamS

You can use ViewRanger with OpenStreetMap/OpenCycleMap maps for free, with large scale OS maps when you zoom out (also free).

That’s what I do, though I’d consider buying OS tiles if it was out in the proper wilds!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what map app?’ is closed to new replies.