• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by duir.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What Mallets?
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Since the Candys on my first road bike are proving to be a great success and I could do with new pedals on my Capra I`m considering changing the DMR Vaults.

Still not perfect at un clipping so want a flat/clip combo pedal.

Options I like the look of

DMR V Twin
    Mallet DH
    Mallet E

What can you suggest?

the-muffin-man

benp1

I thought this was about actual mallets – rubber, wood, plastic, copper, leather etc

mikewsmith
    Free Member

DH, my preference with wider feet, all the feel of the old classics and better reliability.

skybluestu
    Free Member

+1 for DH. Given the extra platform over the endure and no reAl weight saving i chose them to replace 2010 mallet 2 and very pleased. New models have better internals than the old ones too

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Where in the world are you?

I’ve got a pair of mallet dh in the garage not presently attached to a bike (back to flats for the mo trying to unlearn some bad habits) you’d be welcome to borrow/try if you’re any where near Harrogate.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

seems like a good place to re-post the Crank Bros pedal service guide

😉

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

dangeourbrain – Member
    Where in the world are you?

I’ve got a pair of mallet dh in the garage not presently attached to a bike (back to flats for the mo trying to unlearn some bad habits) you’d be welcome to borrow/try if you’re any where near Harrogate.

Thanks for the kind offer, unfortunatley I`m in Reading, Berkshire.

strangey13
    Free Member

I’ve swapped to the E’s from the DH’s and am finding them a bit comfier as I’ve got smallish feet. Have put the wider DH axles in them though as I prefer the extra clearance. Seem to last fine with a bit of looking after.

Del

What Mallets?

times. 😀

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

I gave wide size 12 feet. The DH it seems

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I threw up in the back of Timmy’s old TVR back in the 70s.

I’ve got E’s and they are great

duir
    Free Member

With all the improvements to their pedals and claims of improved durability, you would think that the head of cleat research at CB would feel compelled to do some work as well.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What Mallets?’ is closed to new replies.