Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • What makes you happy…..
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Beer, gin, red wine, barbecue food, bike riding, bike bits, bikes, stuff that works, a newly made bed, that rain smell, pine forest smell, petrol smell, kebab meat, seeing happy people laughing, animals playing, spring, my bank balance

aracer
    Free Member

Furiously? Beat is a bit slow for that, surely?

siwhite
    Free Member

Bikes / weans / wives / family/ dogs aside…

For me, happiness is most often found in the enjoyment of nature. Pick any day (especially a sunny one) and include a walk, a bit of hammock time, brewing tea over a fire in the woods or canoeing somewhere quiet. Lovely!

sirromj

Furiously? Beat is a bit slow for that, surely?

Doubletime.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Masturbating furiously to the national anthem

Are you required to stand up?

Jamie
    Free Member

A kind word… still waiting

I love what you’ve done with your hair! Are those new shoes? They’re fabulous!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d say Owain Doull reverting back to a rim braked bike would probs make him happy.

yossarian
    Free Member

Are you required to stand up?

Of course, to attention. It’s the national anthem.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well at least someone’s admitted to being a ****, not usual on here.

‘Yossarian is a ****!’

That’s made me quite happy saying that without being wrong.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Serious answer for once – freedom. So the summer holidays as a kid to the times I’ve taken a couple of months off between jobs. To wake up and do what I like whether that is a household chore or going for a ride doesn’t matter having the freedom to choose feels good and makes me happy. Regular, routine office work makes me unhappy even though my job is OK, that lack of choice makes me unhappy

perchypanther
    Free Member

‘Yossarian is a ****!’

You’ve put him in a difficult position. He is probably offended that you’ve said that but can’t complain about it because he’s admitted it’s true.

It’s a Catch 22 situation. 😉

scotroutes

DezB – Member
    Sorry for the cliché, but its mainly my son. He texted me from his school trip a couple of days ago to say he was having ‘great fun’ (teenagers just don’t say that!) and it brought tears of joy to my old weary eyes.

My daughter recently turned 20 and the last time my Mrs and I went away for a couple of days she asked me to let her know we’d arrived safely. This is such a massive change from the teenage years that it took me completely by surprise.

As for the thread in general, seeing my daughter happy, and my Mrs. She’s just about to turn 53 but she’s running, yogaing and weightlifting and everytime I look at her I just think “phwoar!” 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

It’s probably making him crazy

perchypanther
    Free Member

and my Mrs. She’s just about to turn 53 but she’s running, yogaing and weightlifting and everytime I look a her I just think “phwoar

Well, you would marry someone 30 years younger. 😉

scotroutes

Some days it feels like it 🙂

aide

Seeing a trail go in to the distance, sound of moving water, smell of forest/fields, warm sunshine, festivals, seeing my mate fall off his bike instead of it being me for a change, my bong

MrOvershoot

binners – Member

Drawing pictures. Seriously.

When I’ve got something vividly pictured in my head, and I get it down exactly as I want it, the feeling of satisfaction and happiness I get is difficult to describe.

I fully understand that, not from my ability to draw but to get down a design that sorts a problem out in my case.
    I have occasionally sat looking at an old schematic drawing of a plant layout and had a eureka moment which in 3 minutes of sketching has saved £1000’s in energy use and introduced so much more flexibility.

jambourgie
    Free Member

To crush my enemies. To see them driven before me. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

johnx2
    Free Member

I was going to say burning off mates, but remembered I’m from Yorkshire and don’t really like being happy.

(And as Sting – real name Gordon Sting – once said in an NME interview: “we’re not here in this world to be happy. We’re here to learn…” Heavy. Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof…)

wordnumb
    Free Member

What does happy even supposed to mean?

singletrackmind

Still with the power kites . . . . .really

going really fast in a windsurfer , in the sunshine, when the sea is warm, then doing big floaty mast high jumps on the way out, then riding a wave back in and making some sweet bottom turns and drops on it.

Taking something thats broken apart , and fixing it and putting it back together and it then works properly, great sense of acheivement.

My beers getting 4* reveiws on Untappd.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

does is?

Northwind

A work one, but, meeting kids who wouldn’t have gone to uni without something I did. Doesn’t happen that often- mostly we’re all squabbling over the kids that have already decided to go to uni- but when it does it’s pretty damn good. Some of my first guys graduate this year.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wordnumb – Member
    What does happy even supposed to mean?

UR WRDZ R NMB.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Sunrise

And Scotroute’s missus. Or at least his reaction to her.

metalheart
    Free Member

William S. Burroughs — ‘Happiness is a byproduct of function, purpose, and conflict; those who seek happiness for itself seek victory without war.’

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Staying away from the Brexit and Trump threads.

Barmaids.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, hearing scotroutes pay his wife huge compliments on here, hope he says it to her once in a while.

That makes me very happy.

ferrals
    Free Member

Cheese, really tasty local cheeses

Drac

Well yesterdsy it was a diclofenac suppository, that and trippy dreams from 20mg morphine.

wordnumb
    Free Member

CFH sed> UR WRDZ R NMB.

It’s a cause of unhappyness. [notsmileyface]

maycontainnuts

free haribos at work

tjagain

Wandering around the scenery makes me happy. Seeing people smile makes me happy. Knowing I have done a good job and made a real difference to people makes me happy and just occasionally I get a nice handwritten thank you card – that makes me very happy indeed

Jamie
    Free Member

Serious answer.

As per Kayak23.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Chine tiger drone interface

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39066658

sweepy
    Free Member

My dog, camping on an island, and deep deep snow.

Edit: Er and the Mrs of course 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

True answer? I was asked this by my therapist about 25 years ago. I answered “walking with my dog Snapper down country tracks in the sun.”. Still my answer. Snapper died 20 years ago.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Real custard

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Not a lot after losing my mum last autumn but I’ve since started to realise that I like, a hell of a lot in fact, most of what’s in my life; wife and two children, my Dog, and my job, and I’m gonna try and appreciate it more. In fact I’m going to start getting a lot more of what makes me happy; riding trails, running with the dog, having a laugh with my family & friends, trips away, beer, gin, meat and 69’er’s, abound.

Though I’m writing this whilst trying to settle a restless one year old so his fun time with Daddy is getting reduced as punishment.

daviek

My kids but on the other hand they can also drive me mad!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘What makes you happy…..’ is closed to new replies.