Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • What makes a MTB gal different from other women?
  • druidh
    Free Member

Pass the Immac….

soulwood
    Free Member

In reply to the OP’s post, I think the same probably goes for MTB mad blokes trying to make small talk with blokes whose idea of exercise is pulling the ring pull off a can of lager after walking to the fridge. If your’e not obsessed with a bunch of overpaid mincers kicking a ball about for 90 mins, and not interested in discussing the finer points of telesales middle management theres not much to say.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*waves at Auntie C_G*

That’s the badger Druidh… look at the guy sat down trying his hardest not to look at your sporran!

DirtyG… I’m just gutted that the naked ride never happened… having said that… it was so bloody cold I think there’d have been very little to see 😯

tyredbiker
    Free Member

I don’t get people who actively dislike pink, or any other colour for that matter – it’s a colour! unless you’ve been forced to wear a particularly horrible wooly pink jumper since the year dot and you now have associations of trauma with this there’s no reason to ‘hate’ pink, surely..?

I just don’t like it. It hurts my eyeballs.

kaesae
    Free Member

In an era of self denial and warped ego’s we are all wired up differently as far as I’m concerned.

Do you have any idea how the couchies see us ❓ going outside is bad enough, going outside in all weather conditions and coming home covered in all sort of stuff, with twigs and leaves sticking out of here there and everywere or who knows what crawling about inside your clothing.

I think it is fair to say that we are wired up differently to the average person, thankfully more and more people are becoming riders and are wired up like us!

Normal in a **** ed up world ❓

Not for me thanks ❗

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve finished my buscuits, sorry I didn’t pass them around.

So some girls feel different to other girls eh..

I’m shocked.

redthunder
    Free Member

Sex and Singletrack 🙂

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Yeti, I can organise AS 32 for next year to coincide with the naked ride if you like? 😀 PS, i still hurt from climbing on sunday *winces everytime i move* – oh, and my tattoo and i are going to be in the times 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Tsk Tsk.

“My tattoo and I” 🙄

Edit: AS32? I have a funeral that day.

cinnamon_girl

druidh – love the kilt but don’t the SNP arrest folk if they’re not correctly attired? 🙂

Waves to TSY. 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

‘The Times’ the newspaper? Why?

What is the real plan for AS32 are you still going to do it? Is Druidh going to die attempting it? Find out next time on Sex on the Singltrack.

druidh
    Free Member

c_g – Don’t be silly.

We have a “trouser tax” instead.

kaesae
    Free Member

😀 😆 😯

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Yeti, I’m still wanting to do AS31 before this year is out! I think Autumn will be better weather – but mustard and I need to sort out our touring dates first *hard life* 🙂 Aye, the times newspaper – an article all about trends and all things cycling related.

Butterfly2346
    Free Member

Well I managed to open a very large can of worms 😆

Sums up STW 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

hahaha… are you ‘on trend’ then at the moment? If they need a picture of the latest lines in exclusive DeathRowVelo lycra just let me know!

Once we get into 2012 you’ve got to do 32 laps… it’s the law!

Duggan

Come on guys (and gals) I don’t think we’re wired that differently, it’s just riding a bike not base jumping

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Heh, of course i’m on trend – anything i do is trendy 😀

I’ll run out of friends to ride with if i keep suggesting crazy ideas! I’m aiming to complete AS31, and I know (hope!) that Mustard and Sandy will be there. You and idave need to come up again – i’ve a much bigger flat now to crash in! I’ll come up with something betterer for 2012.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

200 miles C2C Wales is what it’s all about for 2012!

timc
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member

as an old goth I discovered I know a lot more about wearing make up than most ladies, so it all balances out in the great scheme of things

you chose to look like a goth, i dont thin we can trust this statement whatsoever!

timc
    Free Member

two types of girls ride mountain bikes…

Normal ones, the Majority

Weird social outcasts, the OP

Junkyard
    Free Member

WTF is that comment above about ? Overly personal flaming which does you no credit

200 miles C2C Wales is what it’s all about for 2012!

What kind of mad fool would do that on hot summers day 😯

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What kind of mad fool would do that on hot summers day

Hopefully You!

🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

It was internet bluffing 😉
    I will e-mail you tonight – to firm up plans not back track
    Road or off road 😯
    If off road you can go **** yerself

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

On road!

timc
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    WTF is that comment above about

Just an observation

Butterfly2346
    Free Member

Might I take this moment to plug a girlie biker blog where the author explores this sort of topic? http://www.loulouk.co.uk/

As you were.

At least one person understood the question. I wasn’t really talking about the ‘pink’, or ‘men vs women on bikes’, just do MTB women belong to particular mindset? Perhaps other male dominated sports suffer from similar narrow-mindedness, such as women’s football etc? Though in it’s defense the industry has really moved on in those aspects – how many ‘pink’ high end women’s bikes are currently on the market?

If women weren’t different there wouldn’t be sites like WOMBAT, Dirt Diva’s and so forth … there is quite obviously a growing market for women riders!

http://www.mountain-bike-buzz.com/women-mountain-biking.html
    http://www.girlmtnbiker.com/about/contributors/
    http://www.dirtdivas.co.uk

BTW – All MTB gals rock … and all MTB gals are special!!!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Yeti, i’m in – i’ll round up some scottish folk to join us too. Do you have any more firm dates yet? Question is, will it be pink lyrca or not?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

DirtyG… you know what I’m like with planning… it’ll be next year! I still don’t know what I’m doing this weekend!

I’m prepared to wear black shorts on that particular day… although Pink might mean I don’t have to take the lead 🙂

All you pink haters, are you sure I can’t change your minds ?

VFWales09-11May08042 by Vegan Graham, on Flickr

ebygomm
    Free Member

My stumpjumper has pink bits even though rrp was £1500. The men’s version was much prettier, but my love of a bargain overruled my dislike of the pink.

My hatred of pink and baby blue are due to the fact that pastels don’t suit me and they’re really impractical colours for outdoor stuff rather than hatred of the colours themselves.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Just an observation

From one post you can tell she is a “weird social outcast”. I think it painted more of a picture of you than the OP – ie you are a small minded pitiful excuse for a human – no need to reply as after all its just an observation and it is not me being harsh or a bit off with you obviously.

timc
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    From one post you can tell she is a “weird social outcast”. I think it painted more of a picture of you than the OP – ie you are a small minded pitiful excuse for a human – no need to reply as after all its just an observation and it is not me being harsh or a bit off with you obviously.

haha, who kicked your kennel? your quite funny though!

The initial post was weird, many seem to indicate they agree, social outcast, an outragious presumption… maybe. big deal?, not really!

mustard
    Free Member

TSY one summers day in Edinburgh:

Edit: AS32? I have a funeral that day.

and I’m washing my hair! 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

Don’t think I’m particularly weird, I’ve some friends that climb, ride, sail, do all sorts. My cycling gear is mostly cheap running gear from sports direct! Don’t care if it’s pink, as long as it’s cheap! Lol.

Harry_the_Spider

Graham…

WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING OF! 😯

allthegear
    Free Member

Oh not again…

Some of the comments on here are really annoying guys…

I’m currently in a conference in London about some open source web software, where we had a bit of a get-together of some of the girl developers. The whole question came up about how we are treated within the community (undesirable comments etc) and I actually used this thread as an example of how some guys (not all) are capable of making inappropriate remarks etc in all walks of life, not just I.T.

Just have a read through some of the things on here about following girls up the hill etc and put yourself in the position of a new-girl-biker. Would you appreciate that type of thing??

Rachel

monkey_boy
    Free Member

hairy

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s very nice that you have an opinion on this allthegear, and I’m quite sure somebody will be along shortly to agree with you, now wouldn’t it be better if you just ran along and let the big boys continue talking about the serious stuff and you can find something that’s more suitable and important for you, sweetheart.
    Nice rack, btw. 😉

derek_starship
    Free Member

MTG – that’s a brave, brave smile.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘What makes a MTB gal different from other women?’ is closed to new replies.