Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 204 total)
  • What make of watch are you wearing?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Haven’t had a watch for years, probably about the same time mobiles became more popular.
    Also not a good idea to wear one in my trade when working, PITA TBH.

Got one on my HRM, which is currently an hour out, but later on in the year it’ll be bob on.

nickf
    Free Member

Sea Dweller 16600 – it’s a bit battered now, but to be honest I prefer it that way.

CountZero

TandemJeremy – Member
    I don’t wear a watch. They just stop when I do so I gave up wearing them. Mechanical, digital, wrist watch . pocket watch. cheap, expensive they all stop.

Presumably they give up arguing with you about what time it is.

😆

TatWink
    Free Member

Currently wearing a G shock for daily beater duties but alternate between my Seiko Monster and Rotary Aquaspeed depending on my mood!!

philconsequence
    Free Member

i don’t wear one on my wrist and haven’t since i started working in mental health and had several broken whilst ‘restraining’ patients. now i only wear a watch to special occasions.

rob2
    Free Member

Rado for everything except biking.

Bought in las Vegas whilst very drunk on honeymoon. Hsbc phoned me just after the transaction to test my card hadn’t been compromised!

Timex titanium thing I bought off here for biking just. it’s got one if those light up faces 🙂

sv

rip curl tidemaster.

+1.

meesterbond

Panerai PAM299 today…

slimtubing
    Free Member

wearing an indestructable garish Mambo watch at present, bought as a temporary fill in while my animal got fixed, outlived that piece of crap by years! also have a nice Fossil which came with a strap which disintegrated within 12 months so its sitting in a draw till i find a suitable replacement. Posh occasions and work call for the Swiss Railways watch. I love its simplicity.

Jamie
    Free Member

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

A cheap kahuna thing from Argos, I like it…someone once told me “its like a mans watch, but more feminine”. Has a reasonable waterproofness, and has a metal bracelet so don’t have to worry about it getting damaged. The battery died after 2 years so I went to Timpson who do the buy one battery and we’ll replace it for free thing (and keep the seals waterproof and stuff when fitting).

Well…at least thats what I would be wearing if I could remember where I left the bloody thing!

P20

Omega seamaster.
    There’s also a seiko auto relay, rotary chronograph and a seiko

backhander
    Free Member

Panerai PAM299 today…

Oooh you bastard. Gizzit.

hels
    Free Member

Am I the only one with a Swiss Army Watch ? I like it cos I didn’t want a delicate girly watch and it is tough for outdoorsy stuff but doesn’t look too sporty so can wear it out too.

I have loads of others for running, and those odd occasions when I care about my heart rate. And my dad’s gold swiss watch he got given for his 21st which I inherited. I keep it running but don’t really wear it.

And, why are women’s watches so different from mens ?? Our wrists aren’t that much smaller.

ourmaninthenorth

Polar HRM (CS300)

I have a Seiko – no idea of model – given to me for my 21st birthday. Bracelet needs to be repaired.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

None, i stopped wearing watches and jewellery about 2 years ago 😕

BigJohn

On my wrist right now I have my regular watch: a 60-year-old Rolex Oyster Perpetual. Nice and understated, with a leather strap.

I have a £9 Timex for riding and sailing. Holidays too because it has a time zone function.

Junkyard
    Free Member

nokia mobile phone absolutely fail to see the need to own one or why there are so many threads on them.

edd

I wear a Swatch because it is reasonably cheep and very light.

edd

100!

frogger
    Free Member

I used to wear my Omega Planet Ocean on my bikes but have decided something a bit cheaper would be better in case it gets smashed so got one of these:

rOcKeTdOg

what is that?

Rivett
    Free Member

Nixon, the Professional

mikertroid
    Free Member

Rolex Sub No-Date. Cos it makes me smile each time I look at it.

Plus unless you know your watches, it doesn’t look like a ‘ bling’ Rolex.

Have Seiko Flightmaster Kinetic for ute duties and Citizen Eco Drive Tough/G Shock for property knocking around.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Schwarz

Retro, innit.

donsimon
    Free Member

nokia mobile phone absolutely fail to see the need to own one or why there are so many threads on them.

Who’s a happy little bunny then? Bringer of light and all things positive. Have a good day Junky. 😉

stumpy01

Accurist bought for my 19th birthday – nothing overly special but it’s lasted almost 15yrs so far and just needs a new battery every few years.

I’ve also got a Storm watch that devours a battery every 6 months or so & a cheap Timex Ironman digital watch which is currently residing in a ‘moving’ box somewhere. Just need to dig it out.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

I normally wear a Tissot chronograph thingy. Mainly because it looks nice and I can now make the perfect boiled egg.:)

muff
    Free Member

a classic casio. with cheesey strap.

Gachet
    Free Member

What – Omega Seamaster:

Why – My wife bought it for my 30th birthday and it hasn’t been off my wrist much since. Oh and I’d secretly like to be James Bond….

Harry_the_Spider

because I rode in.

if I’m in the car.

prahran
    Free Member

I have a Tag Heuer Calibre something or other which is for ‘best’. Gift from the wife. Don’t wear a watch any other time.

ski
    Free Member

Just replaced my old G-shock from the 1980’s, with this one. Styling is very close to my original one, but has a few more features!

If this lasts as long as my old one, it should seem me through to my next life 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Now one of these as I’m going for a ride.

nickf
    Free Member

Rolex Sub No-Date. Cos it makes me smile each time I look at it.

Plus unless you know your watches, it doesn’t look like a ‘ bling’ Rolex.

Totally agree – hence mine. Which gets used for everything, including DH. Though I did take it off when I did some plastering recently.

jp-t853

I usually wear a 1970’s Enicar Ocean Pearl (a proper one with a waterproof case) that cost £30 off ebay. My grandad paid for it as a birthday present a week before he passed away four years ago.

I also have a Rolex oysterdate from 1958, the build quality is in a different league to the Enicar but I prefer the cheap watch. The enicar has a nicer face, it is automatic and with a good quality strap it looks good.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

This one…..Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean

better idea… 🙄

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/planet-ocean/22095000

binners

Another G-Shock here.

In millions of years time, when mankind has long since gone the same way as the dinosaurs. After our inevitable apocalyptic end, an alien space ship will alight on planet earth.

After extensive searching they will conclude that the now boiling hot, inhospitable place is populated entirely by a species known as Casio G-Shock as they’ll be the only things left. They’ll all probably still be working too 😀

simon_g

Citizen Promaster divers. Titanium, automatic movement, just about indestructible, and was only about £80. It rarely leaves my wrist, although when I run/jog it gets swapped for a Forerunner.

Citizen Promaster NY0054-04E by kiteless, on Flickr

epicsteve
    Free Member

None – don’t often wear a watch as I’ve always got my phone with me and it shows the time.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 204 total)

The topic ‘What make of watch are you wearing?’ is closed to new replies.