Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 204 total)
  • What make of watch are you wearing?
  • Special_ized_Jamie

IWC Aquatimer for everything.

Fancy Sunnato tho for riding

bullheart
    Free Member

G-Shock for every day.

Seamaster for posh. Same age as me.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

man up ferchrissakes and stare mystically at the sky like a real man does when he wants to know what time it is..

But what if it’s cloudy? Or you live in Scotland?

😕

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

The original Seiko Auto Relay watch. £450 when new but got it on ebay for £50. Does the cool goes to sleep thing if not worn for 4 days then wakes up to correct time.

Regards

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Bell & Ross

donsimon
    Free Member

Does the cool goes to sleep thing if not worn for 4 days then wakes up to correct time.

It’s a Seiko that wakes up to the correct time you say?

oxnop
    Free Member

One on left for play, one on right for work.

emsz
    Free Member

one on my mobile.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

1977 Rolex submariner plexi dome that’s been beaten up over the years. G-shock strapped to my camelbak when I’m out on the bike.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I tell the time by the topics on here.
    This one comes around every 4.45 months. By triangulating with the last appearance ‘where does your username come from’ and ‘should we split the UK’, combined with when someone last posted a video of Danny Madskills and how long RudeElfinFredBra’s latest incarnation has been on here I can be accurate to within 2 or 3 minutes.

superfli
    Free Member

Origo Granite

carlosg
    Free Member

Timex for work , Skagen Titanium for nice. I usually forget to change the work one though 🙄

matthewjb
    Free Member

Generally my JLC Reverso for work.

I’m wearing my niche German brand, Benarus at the moment.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“cos time is just a way that the man enslaves you man”

Holiday time is nice, when no-one expects anything of you, and you just follow your whims, stare at clouds and return home when you feel like it.

The best things I remember about my childhood

sor
    Free Member

A cracked, scratched and wildly unreliable Seiko Kinetic.

Because I’ve always worn it since my parents bought me it for my 16th birthday, over 20 years ago. Worthless and priceless.

IanW
    Free Member

Oris Titan Diver..cos I like it.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Currently got on a slightly modified Seiko ‘spork’ – it’s been beadblasted and fitted with a Di Modell Chronissimo strap to make it look even more like a Sinn.

I’ve also got a Seamaster ‘Bond’ for wearing when it’s not likely to get trashed, and a few other bits and pieces lying around in my watch drawer. Quite drawn to a Hamilton in the near future – hoping my wife might take the hint around birthday time.

amplebrew

I’ve got a really basic Casio digital watch that cost under £10.

I only own a watch as I need one for work, otherwise I wouldn’t bother.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

What: A rolex datejust limited.
    Why?: I enjoy people assuming it’s fake, I enjoy being told I got ripped off.

donsimon
    Free Member

Is it? Were you?
    I used to wear a fake Tag for the exact opposite reason.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

No and no

Hohum
    Free Member

spangelsaregreat – Member
    The original Seiko Auto Relay watch. £450 when new but got it on ebay for £50. Does the cool goes to sleep thing if not worn for 4 days then wakes up to correct time.

That’s what I am wearing as well and likewise I bought it from ebay.

I did not wear for about 10 months last year and just left it in my drawer and then when I took it out and wore it again the watch sprang back into life and the hands moved around to the correct time.

I was quite impressed, but it did not change the date though which was a bit of a let down 😉

RustySpanner

I’ll get a G-Shock at some point, but for now, this is fine-
    Ten quids worth of Casio’s finest:

baldSpot
    Free Member

Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m. Best money I have ever spent.
    Just gave the son a Tag Heuer Formula 1.
    Looking at buying a Tag Heuer Monaco for my 40th next year.
    I like Tag Heuer.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Polar something or other.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t wear a watch. They just stop when I do so I gave up wearing them. Mechanical, digital, wrist watch . pocket watch. cheap, expensive they all stop.

LMT
    Free Member

I have a few watches, but day to day its a swatch watch i got while on hols in corfu about 6 years ago, its a proper one and does the job for work.

Biking and general days off i have a G-Shock the other half got me 2 years ago, great watch. For posh days out i have a DKNY nice proper watch, rarely gets worn these days.

HermanShake
    Free Member

G-shock with tide readings as we used to live on a boat and I like to kayak, has a titanium back (pointless bling :D).

Looks chunky but subtle and hopefully everything proof.

Because I kept breaking watches!

beej

Today, the Stowa.

@MrBlond You are a man of taste and refinement.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Same as uplink here.

Raindog
    Free Member

IWC. It was my 40th birthday present, bought in Hong Kong on the way to our “holiday of a lifetime” in NZ. I like it because very few people know what it is, unlike the average TAG / Rolex / Breitling (not to say these are not fine watches). I think it’s quality without ostentation, and it has sentimental value to me due to the memories from our trip. I don’t intend to buy another watch (apart from the occasional disposable).

iDave
    Free Member

A seiko that does all time zone wizardry. it works.

Oxboy
    Free Member

Omega Seamaster ‘for best’
    Casio G Shock for all manly pursuits! GRRRR!

armchairbiker

Omega Seamaster – planet ocean. Why: Can’t beat a classic watch with black face that Bond wears.

G shock for biking though.

Do like oxnop’s Tag though…..hmmm

Kevevs
    Free Member

had a cheapo casio in SILVER. ooh!. but it fell off somewhere in Asda carpark 🙁

CountZero

MWC G10 Tracer Tritium display. ‘Cos it shows up nicely in the dark and it was fairly cheap.

CountZero

Also got one of these as well: TAG Heuer Series 1000 Night Diver. Mine’s as well worn as this one. Bought it in 1982 for £250. Had two batteries and a replacement face after the retaining pins broke.

ben
    Free Member

Skagen titanium:

‘Cos I like the look of it and how light it is.

warton
    Free Member

Seiko divers. love it to bits!

clubber
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    I don’t wear a watch. They just stop when I do so I gave up wearing them. Mechanical, digital, wrist watch . pocket watch. cheap, expensive they all stop.

Presumably they give up arguing with you about what time it is. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 204 total)

The topic ‘What make of watch are you wearing?’ is closed to new replies.