Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What Lycra do you use?
  • SOAP
    Free Member

I’ve always used Altura progel’s under my baggies.
    Thinking about trying either endura mt500 or endura fs260’s
    Both more pricey but are they better.?

Candodavid
    Free Member

Endura or giordana

simondbarnes

I use…
    Endura – FS260 pro and Equipe Endurance bibs
    Castelli – Velocissimo and Bodypaint bibs

Bregante

dhb stuff from wiggle is good for the money. Also have some Endura.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Lusso pro gel bibs about £60 or castelli but £150 good for long rides
    But the cheaper pro gels are alomost as good for me and a lot cheaper

IanW
    Free Member

Recently got some Pearl Izumi InR Cool Elites after destroying several pairs of Endure FS260’s. They are a different league.

LoCo
    Free Member

Various brands, but get on best with my Demarci (£50 ish) & lovely Cipolini (posh ones think RRP is £150 ish) bibs.

don’t get on with lusso stuff at all, bibs seem to be a bit like saddles you either get on with them or not.

MoreCashThanDash

Usually dhb or Endura here, but quite impressed by the Howies ones

Junkyard
    Free Member

never really understood why anyone cares much tbh
    If it was not cycling related it would be about £10 on the market if that.
    Its lyrca with some foam

I use the inserts that came with some poshish Endura, some Aldi ones, a set of cheap Raleigh ones and some posh brand someone once bought me

All seem the same in use and I could not tell one set from the other in use personally.

Can people really tell/care?

Not a troll btw

IanW
    Free Member

Yes, I can and I’m not easily parted from money or overly susceptible to marketing.

bokonon
    Free Member

Funkier 7 panel basic shorts under my baggies – £18 from CRC, have done me really well 12hrs in the saddle, days on the trot – seems like I could get multiple pairs for the price of some on here…

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Mostly Santini gel intec

banks
    Free Member

Mavic shorts for mtb & morvelo for the road – can’t justify morvelo for mtb but they are bloody comfy!!! Lusso – nice price but seems are shit and chaff.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve got three pairs of Assos F1 Mille’s the oldest pair is four or five years old and on their last legs but they’ve all had a pretty hard life and despite the stupid price I think they’ve been worth it in my case.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Rapha.
    😆
    😉

timc
    Free Member

Endura fs260 pro Bibshorts here, love them

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

I like shiny lycra. ooh stop it.

TiRed

Pearl Izumi for civies
    Champion Systems for club
    Endura for Humvees if bibs are in the wash

GrahamS

Endura fs260 pro Bibshorts here, love them

Yep got them here and like them. The pad is really pretty thick on them but it’s great for long rides. Not sure how they’d be under baggies though.

senorj

Gore power works for me.
    Bibtastic.

jonba
    Free Member

I’ve been a fan of dhb for a while.

I can tell the difference between the very cheap and top end shorts I have within the dhb brand. Normally only relevant for me on rides over 3 hours.

schmiken

Primarily Assos or Primal. Plenty of other kit in the cupboard, just doesn’t get used!

mogrim

I use the inserts that came with some poshish Endura, some Aldi ones, a set of cheap Raleigh ones and some posh brand someone once bought me

All seem the same in use and I could not tell one set from the other in use personally.

I can certainly tell the difference between the cheap and expensive Decathlon lycra shorts, the more expensive ones are more comfortable, less baggy, and much much better on long rides.

If you’re only doing an hour, or it’s for a spinning class or similar there’s no real difference, though.

rOcKeTdOg

Iusso I can ride all day, dhb less so, tried expensive assos and they were awful

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Howies.
    Unbelievably comfortable either on the road bike, or under baggies on the mtb.

GrahamS

Depends on the length of the ride I think.

Due to wash cycles I wear a wide variety of lycra for my commute: dhb boxer undershorts, or cheap Endura liner shorts most of the time, Endura fs260 bibs when its a bit cold and dhb Vaeon Roubaix 3/4s when it is proper cold.

I can tell the difference in comfort, but my commute is only 11 miles each way so it doesn’t really matter a jot.

On a longer leisure ride (say 30 mile+) I’d reach straight for the fs260s as it has a good thick comfortable pad that I can ride in all day without chamois creams and other witchcraft. (The Vaeon pad is pretty good too if its cold).

Also, despite being a dhb fan, I didn’t get on with the Aeron shorts at all. I found the material was too thin/cheap feeling and the seams weren’t flatlocked so they irritated my skin. Good pad in it though.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Normally whatever is cheap from Start Cycles…the Scott stuff that I’ve bought so far has been fantastic although I’m too tight to pay full price fir it.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What Lycra do you use?’ is closed to new replies.