Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What lube for…
  • rascal
    Free Member

Bumsex RS Revelation stanctions?
    Think the seals could be a bit dry after 3 months of inactivity so a squirt or two and a pumping may be in order.
    Am I right in thinking GT85 will FUBAR them?

mboy
    Free Member

Any “wet” chain lube will be fine. Squirt a bit on, then cycle the fork a few times.

A silicone based spray is ideal for spraying on the stanchions to keep them free of stiction going forward too.

GT85 is one of the worst things you can spray on there…

rascal
    Free Member

Thanks mboy…just confirming what I thought.

bikeneil
    Free Member

None. Leave bike upside down overnight once a month.

nuke

Just get some Fork Juice…a can lasts ages and it smells nice

Northwind

Fork Juice or Brunox Deo- not obviously any better than any other light lubricant, but it gives you a warm inner glow to use Proper Bike Specific Products. Also it smells nice. Also Brunox Deo sounds like hair dye for gods.

Chain lube is fine too but tends to hold a lot more dirt. Really not sure if that actually matters.

FWIW, doing a lowers service on Revs is very easy- you just need the oil and ideally grease, some rags, some basic tools and all the skills required to pour and drink a shot of whisky, and wipe your bum.

dannyh
    Free Member

Deffo notto GT85!

Some Finish Line wet lube is the best stuff I have found. Also maybe try using the end of a zip tie to pull back the edge of the seal a little to try to get some down into the seal a bit. As it has been inactive for a few months, maybe turn the bike upside down for a few hours so some of the lower leg oil has a chance to get to the bottom edge of the seal as well.

Do the oil on stantion, cycle fork and wipe thing a few times until there is no gunk in the oily tide mark at all.

Does this mean you will be out and about again in the evenings soon?

Either I’ve got your number or you’ve got mine, so if we make contact I can let you know how we are now organising away from the prying eyes of our local NIMBY puritans…….

rascal
    Free Member

Had a root around in the garage and found some Weldtite Dry Lube with Teflon.
    Should be ok rather than ‘forking out’ for specific fork lube? 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What lube for…’ is closed to new replies.