Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What lock on grips for carbon bars
  • Nicklordxc
    Free Member

Hi all
    I have just bought some ritchey wcs bars but not sure what grips are carbon friendly and which arent, i would idealy want lock ons any suggestions please?
    cheers Nick

Northwind

You want ones that clamp, rather than ones with a worm screw that screws onto the bars. Terrible design those really.

Nicklordxc
    Free Member

i dont mean to be rube but could you please give me an example of the ones needed please northwind? cheers

mmb
    Free Member

most lock ons should be ok, it's how tight you do them up that affects the bars, most say no more than 5-7Nm which is fine for carbon bars.

Nicklordxc
    Free Member

thank you nmb, i was unsure if the grip would crush the carbon as it is not very thick, cheers

Nicklordxc
    Free Member

thank you nmb, i was unsure if the grip would crush the carbon as it is not very thick, cheers

Jason
    Free Member

I always use ODI lock on grips on my carbon bars, I have never had a problem so far. I think you would struggle to get enough torque in the tiny screws to damage the bars through crushing.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Got some Ritchey WCS carbons myself and put specialized lock ons on, specifically because the lock on is only on one side, and not at tteh fragile ends of the bars

Nicklordxc
    Free Member

Thank you all for your help it is much appreciated cheers, thought i would ask before killing my new bars.

nickc

ODI are best. Don't worry too much about it though, even the cheap ones with screws don't need a massive amount of force to keep the grips still, certainly not enough to damage the bar

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What lock on grips for carbon bars’ is closed to new replies.