Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • What lightweight wheels for xc racing?
  • mtbmatt
    Free Member

Nope finishing kit not ok, Gee had a freehub which relied on a grub screw to keep the saddle in place. It never worked.

Wow, thats odd engineering. Never heard of using a freehub on a saddle before! 😉

backinireland
    Free Member

Looked at the podium rims and it states a max pressure of 30 odd psi, haven’t tried using tubesless yet and have always run my tyres at much higher pressures so not sure about using the lower pressures.

njee20
    Free Member

Never heard of using a freehub on a saddle before!

😆 Clearly that should have said seatpost. Shouldn’t post whilst waiting for the kettle to boil and in a rush!

Looked at the podium rims and it states a max pressure of 30 odd psi

Depends on tyre width – they’re fine up to 45 psi IIRC on 1.8″s, certainly I’ve run higher than 30 (albeit not vastly) and it’s not been a problem.

But… you’d be a fool to run tubes on that wheelset and you should try running softer tyres.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

njee20 – Member

Maybe you’re just not as powerful as Northwind Dave

More likely I freewheel more than he does :mrgreen:

mtbmatt
    Free Member

But… you’d be a fool to run tubes on that wheelset and you should try running softer tyres.

Agreed. Over the last 5 years or so I’ve gone from tubes at 45psi to tubeless at 20psi.
    If you did it in one go it would feel wrong, but drop 5psi at a time and get used to the difference. I can’t imagine riding at 45psi, it must have been rather scary!

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘What lightweight wheels for xc racing?’ is closed to new replies.