Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What lightweight chain guide for a Cotic BFe (1×10)
  • pixelmix
    Free Member

Considering a Cotic BFe soon and have planned most of the bits but not sure what is good in lightweight 1×10 chain guides. Probably makes sense to use the ISCG tabs but I don’t want anything heavy or draggy.

Suggestions for something minimal and lightweight? I’m a XC rider really so even on this bike I won’t be doing anything terribly ‘gnarr’. Might enter a few enduro races, use it instead of the XC bike for trail centres etc, but still need to be able to pedal up the hills here.

Suggestions and pics appreciated.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Not the lightest but I run a Straitline Silent guide on mine. Very impressed. Not cheap but I’m glad I bought it.

chiefgrooveguru

If you have a bashring then the N-Gear Jump Stop is great – not lost a chain yet on my 1×10 Soul doing enduro races et al.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rickon
    Free Member

Blackspire Stinger was on mine. Simple and effective. I’ve still got it in the spares box if you want it for say 50% off….

zangolin
    Free Member

Plus one for Straitline Silent guide – lightweight, efficient – quality bit of kit.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Straitline Silent looks good.

I’ve had an n-gear on another bike before and found them a bit fiddly but the Hope equivalent that was in production might work with a nice bash guard too.

Not sure the Blackspire Stinger will work on 1×10 without an n-gear or similar would it?

Thanks for the suggestions and recommendations thus far.

FieldMarshall

I have 1×9 on my BFe and use a Stinger plus N-gear jump stop plus bash.

Works well.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Might try the cheaper option of a Stinger, bash and n-gear or similar first then.

Rickon – is £10 fair? My email is in my profile if you want to part with it.

Cheers

sheepshifter
    Free Member

Great bike the BFE runs sweet has a nut single ring up front.Get the best chain guide ive used MRP 1×9 kept dropping chain of the bottom,moved on to a Lopes guide no dropped chain but the guide plates degraded and crumbled after minimum use.Silent guide what a wonderful peice of kit sturdy not the lightest but does it matter your riding a hardcore steel bike.Buy one you wont regret it theres too many cheaper ones that just dont cut the mustard.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What lightweight chain guide for a Cotic BFe (1×10)’ is closed to new replies.