Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What lightweight 29+ bikes are out there?
  • singletracksurfer

Looking at getting a Lamere fat bike but running it as a 29+
    Just wondering what other options people know about/have tried or heard may be coming out before I take the plunge. Like the Trek Stache but I want to go lighter otherwise I’d just keep my Krampus.

Cheers.

MussEd
    Free Member

My Krampus is pretty light? – carbon rims set up tubeless with Chronicles and 1×11 help but I’m not sure how light you want to go?

Is there not a Travers Ti 29+ frame available?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Chinese 29+ carbon frame is available, I don’t know the weight off hand but they generally go for the lightweight approach.

singletracksurfer

I have dually rims, tubeless chronicles and 1×10 XT which still feels heavy. Feel there is a fair bit of weight to lose in the f&f.

Ohh a Chinese carbon f&f could be just the ticket, where would one look to get one from? Slightly wary so any recommendations would be good. Thanks.

eddie11
    Free Member

I think travers do a custom ti 29+ that should save a bit of weight.

But I think to paraphrase bontrager 29+/lightweight pick one.

piemonster

I think I might actually be best to never open this thread again…. 😀

ssboggy

But I think to paraphrase bontrager 29+/lightweight pick one.

This^^
    My Rooster with similar setup to your krampus singletracksurfer weighs about 31lb
    But yes Travers do a ti 29+ and carbon forks which should save a few pounds

MussEd
    Free Member

Weighed the krampus – a bawhair under 25lb. Dunno if that’s light but it certainly feels it to me.

Light-bicycle do frames as well as rims – can’t speak for the frames but my rims are ace.

singletracksurfer

Yeah my Krampus is 31 or 32 lbs I think. The Lamere can come in at around 21 lbs/9kg though. But at a price. Think Bonty may have mentioned that too / visited their website 😉

Thanks for the Travers info.

Can’t find any Chinese 29+ f&f’s online so if anyone knows more…

swanny853

Does anyone know the frame weight of the stache? I don’t remember seeing it around

br
    Free Member

Does anyone know the frame weight of the stache?

I can’t imagine that a pound either way on the frame will make any difference unless you spunk a serious amount of cash on wheels/tyres.

swanny853

I used to think that, but have been paying a bit more attention since feeling the difference in weight between my Solaris and my mates lurcher, both with damn near the same build. I was surprised how noticeable the difference was.

While wheels (especially bigger ones) are going to make a bigger difference, the way I see it, the frame is going to be an absolute pain to lose weight from in future! The frame is the bike to me too, so I tend to get sentimental, whereas new bars/post/wheels are just an upgrade.

AlasdairMc

Stooge Ti with an Enve Carbon fork is pretty light. 600g fork, frame about 3.5lb or thereabouts, and it feels pretty fast to ride.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Stache 7 is around 30lbs as weighed in my local trek store.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Weighed the krampus – a bawhair under 25lb. Dunno if that’s light but it certainly feels it to me.

😆

magic scales

Stedlocks
    Free Member

Magic indeed! My mate’s is nearer 35lbs!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

mines 27.96lb according to the last pic on a scale i took,

and thats with XX1, XTR Brakes, ENVE Post/Stem, RH + Knards,

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What lightweight 29+ bikes are out there?’ is closed to new replies.