• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by will.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What lights should we stock?….and why?
  • SigmaF
    Free Member

Guys,

Much to my dismay, it's almost lights time!!…..

I've been refusing to put the sunglasses away, but it's time to commit to night vision??

Question is – where to go with it?

Personally – I'm a big fan of exposure….not the cheapest but prefer the independent units…..close riding friends rave about the Light'n'motion offerings…..whilst, there are plenty of staunch Hopies out there!

The cheaper DX imports are good value, but will be a mare as far as support and warranty is concerned…..the Nuke Proofs are probably a better shop proposition at the cheaper end!!

Oh – and we've just got some nice Niteriders in just to confuse matters!!

Open to suggestions on this one!!

Scott

thebiketree

racing_ralph
    Free Member

niterider are best imo. Bear in mind SI at 18bikes has hope and Cateye

rep341
    Free Member

DX at that price will warranty be an issue?
    Handlebar mounted lights are dead- terrible to use on tight stuff and uphill/downhill make the beam useless!
    Good for road work and back up, but MTB its a helmet mount all the way

RealMan
    Free Member

+1 for exposure. Easily the best lighting systems out there, by a long way.

thepodge
    Free Member

what a bout Trout / Smudge stuff?

I'd love to have a look at their stuff properly and would be more likely to buy it. wouldn't need loads of them, just a couple of demo sets

ibnchris

Hope vision makes a great country road light. And if you've got the nerve it'll happily take you off road too…

Cheap(ish) takes AA batteries (and doesn't guzzle them) and looks OK too

z1ppy

The cheaper DX imports are good value, but will be a mare as far as support and warranty is concerned

What? Most ppl report that if they scan the postage reciept for the return, DX ship out a replacement without waiting for it to arrive.
    Not sure how you'd make a profit on the DX light though, not when everyone know you can get it from DX for £50.
    Not sure how anyone make money off light being sold from a shop to be fair, especially as you have to fork out for demo units in order to sell them.

crazy-legs

NiteRider and Exposure/USE: great lights, great customer service.
    Any more confuses the customers although stocking some dead cheap Cateyes is good for the people that just want a £15 set for a 2 mile commute.

Both NR and USE do a good range from £40 commuting ones right up to full on enduro night races.

It's about time Ay Up had a UK distributor.

montylikesbeer

Its about time ay up upped the anty with the power.

As for a what to sell, to see trouties and luminous type stuff on sale would be good but at the same time less "home made"

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Do DX have a UK dealer/importer? After some cheap lights and these seem to get decent reviews…

jim
    Free Member

It's about time Ay Up had a UK distributor.

Like http://www.uk.ayup-lights.com/products/categories/?

FuzzyWuzzy

"After payment, no further costs will be incurred, guaranteed!"

I missed that bit. I thought is was still pot luck whether you got a separate import duty bill in the post a week after buying from Ay Up in Australia.

will
    Free Member

I find Hope lights very good. Love my Little 2LED, never had any issues at all!

Also just bought a DX light from HL, so looking forward to compare, and mod the DX light…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What lights should we stock?….and why?’ is closed to new replies.