Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • what lights for Mountain Mayhem?
  • brakes
    Free Member

I’m doing Mountain Mayhem in a few weeks and need some lights.
    I don’t want anything too fancy or too expensive as I don’t do night riding, so something for <£100 would be great.
    Any recommendations?

kimbers

a couple of firestorm x2s off ebay

teamslug
    Free Member

MTB Batteries – Smudge is on here now and then. I have 2 V2 lights. Excellent service and backup and good lights too. If you are running all night at Mayhem you’ll need extra batteries. Maybe a cheap led torch for your helmet too.

MoreCashThanDash

Borrow some off a mate if you aren’t going to night ride anyway? Most people will help in return for beer or chocolates…..

Oi, Steve, make sure you give the chocolates to me this year, and don’t leave them with the wife and/or kids!

Shorty121
    Free Member

Where you based?

brakes
    Free Member

Thanks all – I’ll check them out.
    I’m in a 4-man team so don’t need them to last all night.

Shorty121 – London.

rOcKeTdOg

You can hire them off exposure for £20 according to the mayhem email I got today

brakes
    Free Member

ah! now that’s interesting – cheers rocketdog – did it give any more details or just a statement?

sig123
    Free Member

limited numbers so you need to pre book

brakes
    Free Member

any ideas how I do that?

sig123
    Free Member

check your email if your registered you should have had one

sig123
    Free Member

check out inton on ebay £45 2000lm, i use them and they are great for the money, free p&p

rOcKeTdOg

available by emailing info@use1.com, there will be bar and helmet lights available and you will be taken through setup and usage at the time of collection. Bar lights are charged at £20 and helmet lights at £10. There will be limited light hire on the day so pre-book to ensure you’re covered for the race.

brakes
    Free Member

nice one, thanks rocketdog, I’m not getting emails so guess I’m not registered.

rOcKeTdOg

I think you should be as you’re supposed to give an email address for each team member

Shorty121
    Free Member

If you were local to me I would of lent you my exposure set. If you really are struggling I could.

grtdkad

For a £100 budget, SMUDGE at http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/mountain-bike-lights/ is your best bet for quality kit and reliable service.

Similarly anyone looking to spend c£200 will get a lot of light (2400 reliable lumens) from Troutie, here: http://troutie.com/Products

dave360

“pre-book” is there any other way?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

dave360, yea, you could just book them.

dave360

Pre-book in advance FTW

TomB

Solarstorm x2 that I got from a uk seller on ebay for £17 has been great so far.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

dave360 – Member
    Pre-book in advance FTW

🙂

brakes
    Free Member

in advance I’ve pre-reserved a booking of some lights from the lovely people at Exposure who’ve agreed to pre-select a specific provisional light for me to be put on standby ahead of the event.

legspin
    Free Member

MCTD I know who the real boss is!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘what lights for Mountain Mayhem?’ is closed to new replies.