• This topic has 52 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Keva.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • What lights do you run?
  • joemetcalfm
    Free Member

i have a hope 4 on the bars and a fenix pd30 on my lid. its all the power i will ever need. the fenix is amazing for a battery light. look them up http://www.fenixtorch.co.uk/

Northwind

Oh go on, what's the website with the troutlight details again?

trout
    Free Member

Luminous .

Not sure what you mean by fair .

In nearly every post you put up you make a mention about a troutlight in some way or other . up to now I have just let it wash over As I know your situation and wish you well .

Your light is nothing like a trout light and we only have your word for it being better

End of argument ❗

woffle
    Free Member

Maxx-D and Enduro-Maxx on the bars with a Red-eye on the back. Sold the Joystick as it was just overkill :). More light than I could possibly ever need and I'd thoroughly recommend Exposure's customer service too.

I've used a selection of HIDs and other LEDs previously but I'm a big fan of the integrated battery and subsequent lack of cables running everywhere. Makes things really convenient for the commute.

That said, had I not bought the Maxx-D a while back I'd be investing in a Trout setup.

crazy-legs

Oh. My. God.
    Presumably that has a dual function – it must dry the trail out in front of you as well…

Huxley555
    Free Member

Another happy troutlight user, might have a friend interested in buying one after killing off any light she had on her, and that was on low. 😳

Trouble is she believes that by buying a big brand name she'll get a far superior light so we'll see.

legspin
    Free Member

This week i received my DX P7 torch, does any one know what run time can I expect from one 2500 mha battery?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I'm now fully Ayup (helmet and bike). I was using a Hope 2 led on the bars and an Ayup spot on the helmet but got well and truly fed up with faffing with power levels on the Hope. Also, at nearly three years old the reliability and battery life of the Hope weren't what they once were.

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

Interesting! I was looking at a Hope Vision 2 as a helmet light to compliment my Tigers on the bars (well, stem, actually).

Anyone recommend anything for the brain-bucket? I'm after about 450-500 lumens with twin LED, quite lightweight (Li-Po battey?) and a burn time of about 3 hours.

Seen the Ayups – look quite nice but not too bright, TBH!

grumm
    Free Member

Rather worryingly I have come across riders who just want more and more lumens regardless. I have just started on a 12000 Lumen WTF version

😯

I can sort of see the appeal just in the pure silliness of it but really… 😕

joolsburger
    Free Member

I use two cree4 torches I got on ebay for 8 quid each, here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/200L-CREE-P4-Q4-LED-Light-Flashlight-Torch-Holster-8S_W0QQitemZ270446425461QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches?hash=item3ef7dcf575) bar mounted and a Hope 1 helmet mounted and that's plenty for me. .

For the money those torches are the nuts all ally build, well made and around 2.5 hours burn on max with 3 X 1100 AAA's

Sum
    Free Member

Old Git of Surrey:

I'm after about 450-500 lumens with twin LED … Seen the Ayups – look quite nice but not too bright, TBH!

The Ay Up V4 lightset is rated at 680 lumens. I've used them in the past – they're pretty good. The combined handlebar and helmet mount makes effective use of their light.

Keva
    Free Member

I'm still using the Lumicycle halogen set up I bought in 2004. up to a 1000 lumens with both lights on and I've started using a head torch too which helps.

Kev

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘What lights do you run?’ is closed to new replies.