Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What light weight knee pads?
  • si-wilson
    Free Member

Had an off on the bike t’other week, hurt my knee bad, bit reactionary but I fancy a set of knee pads, must be light weight though as i hate the idea of being dressed in bulky armour.

So what do you recommend?

grum
    Free Member
    Stevo210
    Free Member

Ive tried the 661 EVO pad which were good but I found they didnt stay where should and the opening at the back of the knee wasnt anywhere near where my leg bent. Maybe Ive just got crazy legs.
    I ended up opting for the Fox Launch Pro pads that are pre formed to follow the legs contours so they stay up way better. Plus they have a larger opening at the back.
    I can honestly say after 5 minutes of putting them on I genuinely forget they are there…..perfect, worth every penny.

ps. I purchased also after an off 🙁 Dont go out without em now.

GW
    Free Member

Why did you fall off? I’d recommend remedying that first 😉

si-wilson
    Free Member

Why did you fall off? I’d recommend remedying that first

cos im rubbish 🙂 Was a local loop, riddena million times before, flat out wide corner, littered with acorn husks, like marbles, went straight down on to my knee. I cried.

wwaswas

I like my POC’s – not sure whether they’re light but I can wear them for 4 hour xc rides without noticing them.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Ive tried the 661 EVO pad which were good but I found they didnt stay where should and the opening at the back of the knee wasnt anywhere near where my leg bent

So I’ve find exactly the opposite. I’ve happily done 6-7 hour rides with my 661 Evo’s. No discomfort, not too hot, and still in exactly the same place as when I put them on. Fit and forget

Compared to the Kyle Straights they are smaller and thinner

si-wilson
    Free Member

jeez, those Gform things look like the spiderman suit i had as a kid.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I am testing the G-Forms for our bike magazine ATM (cyclist no1) – so far pretty impressed for a lightweight pad 🙂 The yellow is very bright 🙂

Stevo210
    Free Member

No discomfort, not too hot, and still in exactly the same place as when I put them on. Fit and forget

No discomfort, maybe I just had the wrong size.
    I have a mate who rides with those G-Forms (elbow pads)and the verdict is good. They’re on my list too, when the in-your-face-yellow isnt the only option 🙂

z1ppy

I was impressed Druid’s post about the G-form but would defintiely holding out till there avaiable in all stealth black format… 😉

ruscle
    Free Member

Troy lee designs do some really light pads, around 250g the pair but forget what their called. I’ve had some on order from crc for 2 months but are meant to be in the country on Tuesday.£40 cost. Read nothing but good reviews on internet.

grum
    Free Member

I was impressed Druid’s post about the G-form but would defintiely holding out till there avaiable in all stealth black format…

Yup me too, will almost certainly pick some up when they don’t make me look like a weird fat grey bearded child dressed up in a superhero outfit. 🙂

budgierider67

I like my POC’s – not sure whether they’re light but I can wear them for 4 hour xc rides without noticing them.

+1

Mine seem to be getting comfier with each ride but a mate also has the G-Form pads and is very impressed with them. I cannot believe how light they are. Truly fit and forget. I saw him have an off and hit a tree with his elbow. No damage to arm or pad. Impressive. Bring on the black though!

jam-bo

my POCS rub the top of my knee after an hour or so pedalling.

might be just my knees as my t-bones did it too.

doesnt really matter as I only really wear them at the DH track so not much pedalling involved.

daznal
    Free Member

Endura mt5oo’s just got some,same reason as you,great fit and hardly noticable when riding

FuzzyWuzzy

I have 661 evo’s and POC’s but I either find they end up slipping a bit or I have to tighten them enough I can notice them. The g-form are very comfy though, only I bought a size too small (correct size as per guide and I figured I wouldn’t risk sizing up in case they slipped), waiting for the black ones to become available in the UK before I get the larger size.

merlinshearer
    Free Member

661 Evo’s Knee’s and Elbows 🙂

jedi

i use either scott grenades or scott 0 zero pads. removable shinguard too (i never use the shin):)

druidh
    Free Member

grum – Member

Yup me too, will almost certainly pick some up when they don’t make me look like a weird fat grey bearded child dressed up in a superhero outfit. Have you been stalking me??

Feedback after using them is that they really are very comfortable. Not any more noticeable than a set of thin armwarmers. Still no idea of what they are like in a tumble, though I’m convinced I’m “trying harder” now I have some level of protection.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What light weight knee pads?’ is closed to new replies.