Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What light set up for 24 solo race?
  • tyredbiker
    Free Member

Any advice for buying lights for relentless 24 hour race? (The first of my big challenges!) I’m a student, so preferably as cheap as possible (but still need to be able to SEE!). A friend has sent me this link but I’m not sure how kosher it is http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t6-assault-crown-waterproof-xml-t6-3-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-82508 and its in the US

michaelmcc
    Free Member

There was a big thread about this yesterday, pretty simalar situation to you on a budget.

Relentless is an awesome event btw! 8)

mrlugz
    Free Member

I ran the newcastleton one in may with with a topeak LED on the bars and a Light and Motion HID on my helmet.

I bought the topeak from je james in the sale, and bought 2 L&M hid’s off ebay. Just to have 2 batteries.

The topeak lasted for the entire duration of the ‘lights on’ requirement, and I changed batteries once with the L&M. only used helmet when on the twisty bits.

I am tempted to have a punt on your linked one mind. seems really good value. Someone here must have one??

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    michaelmcc
    Free Member

How much did you pay for the L&M’s by the way? I’m selling my arcs.

mrlugz
    Free Member

@michaelmcc

I didnt pay more than £80ea for both of them. Have had to have a battery rebuilt, but that cost a grand total of £25.

Much cheaper than an addditional battery though, and I have spares!

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Okay will have a looksie for the thread! Yeah I’m tempted to get em but if they aren’t legit then it’s money wasted and I’ll only be able to afford even worse ones!
    Do you reckon I need lights on the bars AND helmet? The solo tent will have electrical sockets to charge up, or should I be going for ones that I can just straight out replace? Sorry if it’s a silly question- only ever got commuter lights before

br
    Free Member

Do you reckon I need lights on the bars AND helmet?

IMO you need the two as it provides a ‘shadow’ on the ground, and you can actually see the ruts etc

How much night-riding have you done?

uplink
    Free Member

and its in the US

Dealextreme are located in China and well known on here and other bike forums for cheap and effective lights
    I’d just get a couple of spare battery packs for them off MTB Batteries

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What light set up for 24 solo race?’ is closed to new replies.