Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what light is like a joystick but not a joystick…..
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Mrs t-r needs new lights.

shes joined a 4 for the puffer

Shes borrowed my joystick and wants a helmet light with no cables like that.

I want the bracket to be a joystick bracket so she can use my joy stick easy when she wants…..

What options do i have ?.

(anyone got a second hand joystick forsale 😉 )

Trimix
    Free Member

A joystick then.

trail_rat
    Free Member

none of the DX torches or the ilk will fit a joystick bracket ?

coastkid
    Free Member

This one 🙂

Ultrafire p10-R5 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Ultrafire p10-R5 350 lumens by coastkid71, on Flickr

RustyMac

Terry,

I have a Mk1 or Mk2 diablo that she can borrow for the puffer if that is any use?

[edit] Exposure mount is 23mm diamiter, most of the DX ebay jobs are 25mm and a very very tight fit as they use removable batteries[/edit]

[edit2] that one in the pic looks a good option [/edit2]

trail_rat
    Free Member

Bruce – whats one of them cost all in once you add a batterys and charger ?

Northwind

As per CK… Torch of your choice. I helmet mount mine with an old Joystick mount (needed a few wraps of electric tape to bulk it out), works enormously better than the best Joystick tbh (though a bit bulkier).

I use an XML torch because it’s for road use, but for offroad I guess I’d go back to my old P7 torch instead. Total spend on either was about £20 including spare batteries a cheap nasty charger- doing it again, I’d spend a bit more on the charger.

(I rant a bit about this, but it’s not so much that the Joystick is just a torch- though, it is. It’s that it’s a torch, with one of the best features of torches removed- no easily replaced battery. So you spend a lot extra for a downgrade)

coastkid
    Free Member

Total was i think £26 for torch (£14!) charger and two batteries,
    not had a meltdown yet with the charger! 🙂
    Joystick helmet mount was £17

A great wee light and has been reliable 🙂

london_lady
    Free Member
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what light is like a joystick but not a joystick…..’ is closed to new replies.