• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What light fitting for my bathroom??
  • DrP

DrP is not 10% clear on this..I’ve looked at the regs, but want to check..

Our ceiling is 240cm high, with a ‘normal rose’ in their at present. The edge of the shower cubicle is 20cm away (horizontally) from the light fitting, but of course is far below it.

I believe this would be a ‘no zone’ area (not 0, 1, 2, or 3), hence may not need IP44 rated lights…

Am I right?
    Show your working for bonus points..

DrP

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Whats the difference in price and or aesthetics of the different light fitting you’ve seen ?

ie … just put in IP44 and have done with it…. and chances are, the fittings cosmetic looks will last longer.

No one likes a rusty ring on their celling …. 😀

gonefishin
    Free Member

I believe this would be a ‘no zone’ area (not 0, 1, 2, or 3), hence may not need IP44 rated lights…

Am I right?
    Show your working for bonus points..

It depends on the length of the rose, anything longer than 150mm (TOTAL) and I think you’d be in Zone 2 as the light source will need to be higher than 2250mm, I think.

http://www.thelightingsuperstore.co.uk/bathroom-lighting-zones

That said just put in an IP44 rated fitting like Ro5ey said as it will be much more likely to withstand the damp atmosphere.

DrP

That said just put in an IP44 rated fitting like Ro5ey said as it will be much more likely to withstand the damp atmosphere.

This is kind of what I was thinking too…
    I just wanted to confirm my thoughts!

DrP

tommo999
    Free Member

Surely the Lumen output and beam spread will be the deciding factor?

DrP

I’m aiming for 2500 lumen, wide beam, cable free design… Really makes the shower times come alive….!

DrP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What light fitting for my bathroom??’ is closed to new replies.