• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What Lid for around £50
  • Monster101

Just seem the Scott WIT in Evans for around £48, looks a decent helment. Anyone experience of Scott helmets as there does not seem to be any decent reviews.

Any others I should be thinking off, I have a Giro hex at the moment looking for a change.

Thanks

curiousyellow
    Free Member

For MTB or road?

No experience of Scott kit apart from a bike which has been excellent. Their pads and other clothing seem to be received quite well though.

Think you can get the last season Fox ones for your budget now.

For road, I have a Cratoni C-Bolt which does the business. I ordered it from the nice Germans. Also on budget.

takisawa2

Try some on, as they all fit differently. Fox just wouldn’t fit me, Bell even less so.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eyerideit
    Free Member

This one, 3.99 over your budget they are very well made, comfortable and light.

Or for the road this one.

I’m a bit biased, I’ve bought Met helmets for years and really rate them.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Giro Feature?.

bails

If you like Giro then maybe stick with that? I’ve gone back to a Giro Hex after buying a Met (fitted quite well actually, but was written off after a meeting with a car) and then I bought a Fox Flux which is terrible. It’s the bigger size but it sits on top of my head and doesn’t feel secure at all.

Anyone want to buy a barely used Flux….? 😉

dantsw13

Don’t know where you are based, but quench cycles at Bedgebury is selling off urge enduromatics under £50

belugabob
    Free Member

+1 for the Giro Feature – switched to this after I trashed my Hex.
    Very good coverage at the back, nice & light – and it fits my beluga bonce 😉

reggiegasket
    Free Member

CRC had Hexes on offer last time I was there.

Northwind

CRC has the Flux in most sizes for £40 and £52. Or, the Urge Enduromatic if you fancy something a little different. Giro feature is fantastic value- in fact it’s great value at full price but it’s always on discount too.

Fox Striker would be my choice though- in medium it’s quite a similar fit to the Hex, but a much nicer helmet.

Monster101

Going for the Scott, £48 and with the voucher on the most recent psa £28. Fits well when tried at the shop and only 250g on the mtb version

Thanks for alternate suggestions

jimw
    Free Member

Have you considered Specialized Tactic?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What Lid for around £50’ is closed to new replies.